MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M08 GAS MASK

Article about: Hello could anyone Please tell what the going rate is for a Russian M08 Gasmask and how rare are they?

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    You mean Mod 08, it's not a M08. I would say just a bag for that mask will be approx 250 USD, it's not a easy-to-find item.
    The true history from WW2: one NCO was shot by court due of his unit get lost 6 masks, during the battle...
    6x500= 3000 USD, not a big money for a life
    M1936 and M1928 bags arent worth that much, the facepiece with filter is worth 150-200 depending on if it has a T-5/T-Ch/MT-4. Almost all of them on the collectors market are overpriced because of their age/collectors desire, not because they are rare. They arent worth anywhere near 500 imo. Raul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M08 GAS MASK
    P
    Many

Good luck finding full Mod-O8 set for that price...

I recently paid £95 (just over 100 Euros) for a complete set from a popular UK dealer, 1941 date on the filter, 1939 on the bag. Nice condition too. I strongly suspect they mispriced it, as there was a tag for £250 stuck on the bag when it turned up, but I'm definitely not complaining!

They're certainly a good deal more rare than other WWII masks, presumably because many were thrown away by the soldiers who were issued them. There's also the factor of Soviet gear continuing in military use post-WWII, and so much of it was worn to destruction, vs German gas masks which were largely mothballed, and Western masks which passed into use with Civil Defence organisations, where they saw little if any use.

At the end of the day, there's the old collector's adage: ''an item is worth what you are prepared to pay.''

B.B.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2