Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mosin Hunting Scope by Leningrad Optical and Mechanical Association

Article about: I am trying to identify the quality and value of the Leningrad Optical and Mechanical Association 3.5 hunting scope. I have a real Mosin 91/30 sniper with this scope. It is good quality but

?

Default Mosin Hunting Scope by Leningrad Optical and Mechanical Association

I am trying to identify the quality and value of the Leningrad Optical and Mechanical Association 3.5 hunting scope. I have a real Mosin 91/30 sniper with this scope. It is good quality but not and original PU. I've been lookiing for examples on line and have not come up with one. Any help here will be appreciated

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mosin Hunting Scope by Leningrad Optical and Mechanical Association  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mosin Hunting Scope by Leningrad Optical and Mechanical Association
    P
    Many

Show the rifle ?

More pictures of the scope if possible, both ends and of the reticle.

?

This is all I have right now. I am helping a friend who ultimately wants to sell the gun. I am going to get more pics but right now all I want to know is the scope.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mosin Hunting Scope by Leningrad Optical and Mechanical Association   Mosin Hunting Scope by Leningrad Optical and Mechanical Association  

It's basically a more modern PU scope, but from what I found these are made for AK's but apparently alot of them were mounted on mosins in Russia for hunting. I wouldn't say it's a high quality scope but it gets the job done, we usually don't talk value on here but I seen these for sale a couple years back for 150US

Perhaps unnecessarily said but a WWII manufactured PU scope will not bear the LOMO logo. LOMO was founded in 1962. Before that, the company was called GOMZ (ГОМЗ).
    By the way, GOMZ was not the only optical company in the Soviet Union that produced the PU scope during the war.
    For examples of PU scopes see; PU sniper scopes | m9130.info .

Were these scopes like the OP made for export for AKs in the US commercial market since it has no Soviet acceptance marks and it says “Made in Russia”?

Not necessarily, my pu Mosin has the made in Russia on it when they exported that. Far as I know this scope is a commercial made hunting scope in Russia and not even military related but I'd imagine they sold them internationally aswell as we can see, basically just a hunting scope anyone can buy like a Bushnell or Leopold over here.

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    Not necessarily, my pu Mosin has the made in Russia on it when they exported that. Far as I know this scope is a commercial made hunting scope in Russia and not even military related but I'd imagine they sold them internationally aswell as we can see, basically just a hunting scope anyone can buy like a Bushnell or Leopold over here.
    Ahhh I see. Makes sense. Thanks!

?

Default Pictures

Here some pictures of the whole gunMosin Hunting Scope by Leningrad Optical and Mechanical AssociationMosin Hunting Scope by Leningrad Optical and Mechanical AssociationMosin Hunting Scope by Leningrad Optical and Mechanical AssociationMosin Hunting Scope by Leningrad Optical and Mechanical AssociationMosin Hunting Scope by Leningrad Optical and Mechanical AssociationMosin Hunting Scope by Leningrad Optical and Mechanical AssociationMosin Hunting Scope by Leningrad Optical and Mechanical AssociationMosin Hunting Scope by Leningrad Optical and Mechanical AssociationMosin Hunting Scope by Leningrad Optical and Mechanical AssociationMosin Hunting Scope by Leningrad Optical and Mechanical Association
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mosin Hunting Scope by Leningrad Optical and Mechanical Association   Mosin Hunting Scope by Leningrad Optical and Mechanical Association