Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with Soviet boots

Article about: I need the help from the forum regarding these Soviet wartime boots. At least these are offered like this. I have absolutely no experience with any Soviet shoes and boots so my questions are

Default Need help with Soviet boots

I need the help from the forum regarding these Soviet wartime boots. At least these are offered like this. I have absolutely no experience with any Soviet shoes and boots so my questions are: are these real Soviet boots and are they wartime? Thanks a lot for your help! It is much appreciated!

Need help with Soviet bootsNeed help with Soviet bootsNeed help with Soviet bootsNeed help with Soviet bootsNeed help with Soviet bootsNeed help with Soviet bootsNeed help with Soviet bootsNeed help with Soviet bootsNeed help with Soviet boots

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with Soviet boots
    P
    Many

Hello Marcel,

Soviet footgear is quite a difficult topic to handle, I still have to find an Rkka issue pair of which i'm 100% confident with...

That said, the first thing I look are the sole's nails. If they're made of wood, then I proceed with the evaluation, otherwise I consider them as postwar made. In my PC screen the nails look's like made of brass or some kind of metal, am I correct?

Of course, there are also postwar made boots with wooden nails (I think until the 50's), so this cannot be a general rule. But, as far as I know, there were no boots with brass nails in prewar and wartime years.

By the way, I already saw this pair in the past, I think they are quite overpriced...

As always, this is just my opinion, let's see if someone else can give you another comment about ;D

Best regards,
    Gabriele

Thanks a lot for your opinion Gabriele. Much appreciated!! Didn't know about wooden nails for Soviet boots. These are metal indeed from what I can see on the pics. Thanks for educating me!