Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RGD-33 grenade pouch

Article about: Hello everybody. What can be said about this RGD-33 grenade pouch? Unfortunately I cannot find a year of manufacturing at the stamp. Until when was the RGD-33 grenade in use by the Russian A

Default RGD-33 grenade pouch

Hello everybody. What can be said about this RGD-33 grenade pouch? Unfortunately I cannot find a year of manufacturing at the stamp.
    Until when was the RGD-33 grenade in use by the Russian Army? I read that it was replaced during the war by the RG-42 grenade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RGD-33 grenade pouch   RGD-33 grenade pouch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RGD-33 grenade pouch
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: RGD-33 grenade pouch

This is a very nice grenade pouch, the latest one dated I found was 1942 year... Imo your is a great 40-41 year
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thanks for you reply Dimas. Do you know until when the RGD-33 grenade was used by the Soviet army?

?

Officially till the end of 41, and as I heard in 1941 production of them discontinued from the July 1941... But battlefield says that very small quantity still in use in 1944 year
    Regards,
    Dimas

So, I assume that the replacement was F-1?
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

Yes Richie, but F-1 was a defensive grenade, RG 42 is offensive, when the Red Army starts offense, then they made RG42
    Regards,
    Dimas

Thanks for your reply again Dimas. The RGD-33 and F-1 are probably the most well known handgrenades which were used by the Soviets during WWII/GPW. But the Red army had more types of handgrenades in use. For the people who are interested in Soviet-Russian handgrenades, see; Russian hand- and riflegrenades .

?

I will say F-1 and RG 42 are most popular, but RG-33 is more famous in the posters etc
    Regards,
    Dimas

In my collection I am also holding 2 RGD-33 grenade pouches. One is made of blue material and the other one of grey material. Both are 1941 stamped. I am some kind of astonished over the fact that a RGD-33 grenade pouch can be made of blue material. Did it have a special reason to made grenade pouches of blue material?

Quote by Asjemenou View Post
    In my collection I am also holding 2 RGD-33 grenade pouches. One is made of blue material and the other one of grey material. Both are 1941 stamped. I am some kind of astonished over the fact that a RGD-33 grenade pouch can be made of blue material. Did it have a special reason to made grenade pouches of blue material?
    Comrade,
    Naval Personnel used Blue Equipment, with their Black Leather Pouches and Belts.
    I have a Blue PPSh 41 Drum Magazine pouch and three cell F1 Pouch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast