Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

RKKA Gasmask filters - textbook

Article about: So, I'am starting here with some of the filters which you can recognize post war or war time. The first one is comparision of the 30s years BN- type masks. first is 32 year T5 filter, then 1

?

Default Re: RKKA Gasmask filters - textbook

I've seen a couple of grey painted filters with divisional stock numbers, also a couple of dug up filters vere in grey. I don't think that civilians can use modern army style masks just with repaint. The war time issue civilian mask GP-2 was especially made for civilian use. The rubber patches is the factory work and not a repair. A lot of mint circa 60's Schm-41 gasmasks I've seen in untouched boxes, has the patches on it.( when soviet army gone from Estonia, they leave a thousends of unused masks)
    I think Ruslan and Jura got their masks from the Finnish war stocks. It's a not a secret that the Finns still has a lot of Soviet stuff on their stocks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RKKA Gasmask filters - textbook
    P
    Many

Default Re: RKKA Gasmask filters - textbook

Dimas,

The patches are certainly repairs... but factory applied... factory repairs on new masks. Gas masks are typically pressure tested after completion to insure they are air tight. If not, then they do not work properly. So a new mask may have one or more repairs. The small patches likely cover small pin hole leaks in the rubber. Just like patching a tire tube.

My observation was that these depot masks had more repairs than most others I have seen, so just a theory. I will add that people acting in an official or government capacity (non-militry, but non-civilian also) likely did not use the cheaply made civilian gas mask models, but possibly military models as well. Again just a theory

Mike

?

There is a nuance here - the filter is not L-Z, but L-3. This is a lightweight model for the Air Force and the crew of armored vehicles.

?

Hello, I had a chance to buy a late tch filter. Raul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2