Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Russian Shaska style Cossack sword?

Article about: Hey Guys I'm pretty new to the site but have a small collection. However I've never purchased a sword/dagger before as I usually stick to trench art and rifles so any help or advice on sword

Smudger94
    ?

Default Russian Shaska style Cossack sword?

Hey Guys

I'm pretty new to the site but have a small collection. However I've never purchased a sword/dagger before as I usually stick to trench art and rifles so any help or advice on sword collecting would be great!

I have seen a sword which according to the seller is a Cossack Shashka (possibly Russian) it has carved or stamped Arabic/ Islamic numerals (numbers translated to 3897) on the blade. it also appears to have a number 9 and a sickle? stamped on the pommel.

was just wondering what your guys thoughts are on it, any more information or perhaps date of it? im just cautious that it is a reproduction or at-least not as old as the seller thinks.

Cheers Guys!

Couldn't see another topic to post this in so thought id put it in here as the seller suggest it could be Russian/that area
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian Shaska style Cossack sword?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Russian Shaska style Cossack sword?  Russian Shaska style Cossack sword?  Russian Shaska style Cossack sword? 

2. # ADS

old story, better pics needed.

A double posting, here is a link to the other discussion:

Russian cossack sword 1881 ???