Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Svt38 bayonet?

Article about: HI. Is this an Svt38? Are they rare? Sorry for the quality of the pics, the seller is an older gentleman and hasn't really mastered the phones yet. The seller is asking 200 euros for it.

Default Svt38 bayonet?

HI. Is this an Svt38? Are they rare? Sorry for the quality of the pics, the seller is an older gentleman and hasn't really mastered the phones yet. The seller is asking 200 euros for it. Also shouldn't the grip plates be "darker", have they been replaced? Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks.

Svt38 bayonet?

Svt38 bayonet?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Svt38 bayonet?   Svt38 bayonet?  

Svt38 bayonet?   Svt38 bayonet?  

Svt38 bayonet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Svt38 bayonet?
    P
    Many

It's been a long time since I've seen such crappy pics Doesn't he have a son or daughter who does master a phone with camera?

Sadly no. Could you tell me about the gips if they have been messed with? did they manufacture them in that color? Or does it directly point I to be a post-war? I could try and offer him 50 euros, maybe he takes it

Sadly no. Could you tell me about the gips if they have been messed with? did they manufacture them in that color? Or does it directly point I to be a post-war? I could try and offer him 50 euros, maybe he takes it

Edit: Bought it for 50 euros.

Congratulations on the beautiful purchase.
    The photos are of poor quality but the SVT-38 bayonet is good and the handle scales are original. Nice example with a scabbard.
    It is possible that the SVT-38 bayonet was captured en reused by the Finnish army, but I cannot judge that properly.
    The M1891 bayonet also seems reused to me. A little bit of gun oil over it and they look nice again.
    Now that you have the bayonets, could you post some better pictures of the bayonets?

Sadly the seller has stopped responding. Everything seemed legit and I've been buying items like this heaps of time with no problems, but sometimes things happen. Reported to the police, but I doubt they will do anything (Only 55 euros was lost).

Sorry this happened to you.
    In fact, this was a buy that sounded too good to be true. 200 Euro was already a bottom price for these 2 bayonets. Not to mention the price of 50 Euro.
    Possibly the older gentleman (fraud?!) does not even have these bayonets in his possession and has used photos he found on the Internet.
    Therefore, always ask for clear detailed photos or, if possible, visit the seller. A fraud would not be able to meet this demand.
    Where did you find the bayonets ad? The fraud may be more active on this website and you can warn the administrator.
    It is a good lesson for anyone posting photos of the collection on the Internet. Provide your photos with copy protection so that your photos are difficult to use for frauds.

I found his work place, his place of resident etc just by using his number. Might pay him a visit. He hasnt blocked me.

Sorry to hear what happened to you. I also would pay a visit and get either my money or my bayonet.

Good news. I found the sellers boss and friends. I messaged them in a polite matter asking about the situation and asked if they could try and ask him about it. What a miracle that he suddendly decided to message me back haha. The seller messaged me after an hour. Set up a meeting to pick it up on saturday. Hopefully this time ist legit

I have a ad on a Finnish version of ebay, where the seller got my number.
    Last edited by AxelSomething; 06-09-2021 at 06:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast