Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Translation help. 1939 dated Cigarette Case.

Article about: Just got this in the mail and could use help translating both the case and contents. From the corrosion and staining inside, the bag and pipe mouthpiece have been there a long time together

?

Default Translation help. 1939 dated Cigarette Case.

Just got this in the mail and could use help translating both the case and contents.

From the corrosion and staining inside, the bag and pipe mouthpiece have been there a long time together as this was likely a dug case.

The seller noted it was from the Camp NKVD Starobelsk.

I believe from trying to decipher the bag inside that it may be a 76mm powder bag that the soldier repurposed to hold tobacco.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Translation help. 1939 dated Cigarette Case.
    P
    Many

?

Also got this one, dug up near Leningrad. Need help with the translation on this one too.

Not sure what the rules are on drawn nudity here, so I edited the back image. I guess the soldier missed his girlfriend/wife a lot.

?

Anyone still on this forum?

Grimes,

It appears that the first cigarette case belonged to a forced labourer from the forced labour camp in Starobilsk.
    Starobilsk is located near the town of Lugansk, in the east of the Ukraine.
    The translation of the first line; "кури и помни Никишу! - smoke and remember Nikisha!" Nikisha will be the name of the owner of the cigarette case.
    The second line of the text is more difficult for me to translate. It needs a little more specialization. It seems to me that this is the abbreviation of a unit or department in which Nikisha was assigned. The third line; "с. л. Старобельск, 1939" could mean "?. camp (лагерь) Starobilsk, 1939."

The text on the second cigarette case does indeed give the impression that the owner wanted to return to his wife.
    The translation of the text; "как домой вернусь, 1942 - how will I return home, 1942".
    and "до тебя доберусь, 194? - I will get to you, 194?".

?

Thanks Asjemenou.

I appreciate all the help.