Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Mess Kit??

Article about: Hi, while I have this stuff out, thought I would run this by you guys. I picked this up with a batch of NVA/VC items from a Viet Nam Memorial Museum in Chicago that lost their lease and sold

Default WW2 Mess Kit??

Hi, while I have this stuff out, thought I would run this by you guys. I picked this up with a batch of NVA/VC items from a Viet Nam Memorial Museum in Chicago that lost their lease and sold off the contents. Had quite a bit of Russian WW2 Field gear in it, this was one of the items. This does look like Russian WW2 dated 1940. Is this correct? The stamp is rough and hard to make out. Also has an ink stamp on the bottom, could this be a repaint? Thank you, Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Mess Kit??   WW2 Mess Kit??  

WW2 Mess Kit??   WW2 Mess Kit??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Mess Kit??
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW2 Mess Kit??

Hi,
    For me, mess kit after the war. origin marking has been erased and another was added.
    This is a fake mess kit.
    Regards.
    Philippe

I agree. Philippe is correct.

Cheers, Ade

I will admit, that the fact that the manufacturer's mark was obliterated and only the 1940 was clear bothered me. How convenient. Also, the glossy paint didn't have a 60 year plus look to it. I most likely have $20.00 in it, since it came with a pile of gear. I will put it with my NVA Viet Nam Field Gear then. This is the correct approach one has to take to collecting this gear!

A man has to dream right?

Mark,

At your next militaria show look at every "German" mess kit you see. If you see any that are a light olive green, like a Soviet helmet take a hard look. You might get lucky like I did at the 2008 SOS and find that Soviet mess kit offered as a German one.

Thanks Mike I will, that's a good point. I have the Chicago Midwest Show on the 23rd. Not the best, but will do for a quick fix.

just curious- then a WW2 Russian army mess tinshould match the helmet color? Then the post war ones on E-bay and other Russian sites, seem way too brown/olive.
    am I understaning it rightly??
    Jagdhorn

Quote by jagdhorn View Post
    just curious- then a WW2 Russian army mess tinshould match the helmet color? Then the post war ones on E-bay and other Russian sites, seem way too brown/olive.
    am I understaning it rightly??
    Jagdhorn
    Match might be a bit much, but generally yes a painted mess kit of this type is very similiar in color to the helmet color... provided it has not been scortched over flame.

Brehme
    ?

Quote by Markratz1 View Post
    dated 1940
    It's not a dated, it's a price 1 ruble 40 kopecks
    Postwar

?

Here`s one 1940 dated one. Did they produced this german like model throughout the war or stopped manufacturing during the war and continued then after the war again?

Regards
    K.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Mess Kit??   WW2 Mess Kit??  

WW2 Mess Kit??  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast