Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

zik knife 1943

Article about: hello,im interested in buying this knife is everything looks correct in this example?the paint interests me especially,what do You think?

Default zik knife 1943

hello,im interested in buying this knife
    is everything looks correct in this example?the paint interests me especially,what do You think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture zik knife 1943   zik knife 1943  

zik knife 1943   zik knife 1943  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement zik knife 1943
    P
    Many

Dos
    ?

Looks like a repaint to me. You can see the brush strokes on the 6th photo. Can't comment on the authenticity of the knife itself, but it looks period to me. Goodluck,

Dos

thank You very much for the fast answer
    by the way does exist any data about the date rarity in the case of ZIK knives?
    regards

Dos
    ?

No problem. There are some very knowledgeable people here on edged weapons. I'm sure someone will chime in soon.

Dos

Not an expert here but I do have a 42 ZIK blade. I agree the scabbard and cross guard are rehabilitated pieces. Most likely repainted but most likely original. I think by 1943 the cross guard was always straight, so mismatched with the knife.

Default zik knife 1943

I'm not an expert either, but the dagger and the scabbard also seem repainted to me.
    Still a tip, ask for a photo of the top side of the grip of the dagger.
    The riveted attachment of the blade to the grip is visible on the top side of the grip. If the grip is damaged on this side, most likely the dagger has been tampered with.