Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Exploding OPA Beer Can

Article about: So I was sitting at my laptop posting those pic's of my display with the new ones that John Colorized, and all of a sudden, I hear what sounded like somebody popped a balloon behind me. POP!

?

Well they replied and gave a good explanation on the why's and how's.
    They also are going to send me a six pack of their new beer since they don't make OPA anymore(To Many Explosion's is my guess)
    Here is what they had to say.

Phil,

Thanks for reaching out. From a consumption standpoint, craft beer is typically best for about 90-120 days and should be stored cold. This is primarily due to a lack of pasteurization. Most craft beer, if free of any bacterial contamination, will last in either a can/bottle for much longer than 90-120 days but will degrade in taste and flavor as time passes. This also occurs with macro beer (e.g. Miller/Coors) that is pasteurized. It just takes longer. However, craft beers that have additional hops added post fermentation for aroma (dry-hopping) such as IPAs and Pale Ales can experience something called "hop creep." This results in an over attenuation of the beer that adds additional CO2. More scientifically, the over attenuation is caused by hop starch degrading enzymes breaking down non-fermentable carbohydrates into fermentable carbohydrates.

In an enclosed vessel such as a can or bottle, you can over time build-up more pressure that the container can sustain. In cans, you can typically see this begin to occur if the can lid begins to bulge outward. Sometimes it stops there but with additional time it can eventually compromise the can. However, colder storage temperatures can slow the process and often keep it from occurring.

If you'd like me to send a replacement six-pack please forward me your mailing address. We haven't brewed OPA since early 2019 but we have our Skytrooper IPA available. Thanks again for reaching out and congratulations on becoming a grandfather last year.

TJ

--
    TJ Miller
    Co-Founder/Operations Manager/GM Beer
    Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling
    San Antonio, TX

I replied Yes to this offer, because I'm never one to turn down free beer even though I don't drink it, I still cook with it!!

Next update will be the beer can chicken I make with it!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

I would have countered with a request for a case especially since the exploding can sent shrapnel flying around the room and broke all your fine Allach porcelain figurines...well that's how I would have remembered the incident
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nah, all that scientific stuff is pure malarkey - ANY Aussie knows that beer is a living, breathing entity and if you neglect the little creatures they WILL spontaneously explode in a state of depressed misery !

They are made to consume ....beer lives matter too!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Nah, all that scientific stuff is pure malarkey - ANY Aussie knows that beer is a living, breathing entity and if you neglect the little creatures they WILL spontaneously explode in a state of depressed misery !

They are made to consume ....beer lives matter too!!

That gives a New Meaning to BLM and I like it.
    I have seen my weary way and I promise I will not neglect the new beers that are coming. They will be keep comfortable in the refrigerated home and used!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

What a waste of beer!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2