Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Iron Maiden! Eddie in uniform!

Article about: Hello all! Got this nice painting today from a friend! hope you like it! Cheers! Up The Irons!

I saw them play once at the Hammersmith Apollo in 1986, mate of mine was right into them & got a couple of tickets ! Love the pics !
    Regards
    Paul

Quote by Agitatorn View Post
    Larry !l! you have great taste True Über Heavy Metal!!! they played in the USA this summer did you have the chance to see them?

Cheers! Up the Irons!
    Saw them a few times ..back in the day when Clive Burr was playing with them. Number of the Beast tour......Piece of Mind tour and in the photo pit for Seventh son of a Seventh son tour.
    Steve Harris almost stepped on my hand

Piece of Mind was their most epic of tours .
    They opened for Judas Priest on their Number of the Beast tour in Philly.

The crowd went bananas when Halford came out on his motorcycle. Great stuff and will always be a Metal head
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Agitatorn View Post
    Larry !l! you have great taste True Über Heavy Metal!!! they played in the USA this summer did you have the chance to see them?

Cheers! Up the Irons!
    I agree and on the subject of taste; the local supermarket stocks this fine brew!

Iron Maiden! Eddie in uniform!Iron Maiden! Eddie in uniform!

Cheers!

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Larry Thats Awesome!!! i was to young to see them with Clive Burr but i was fortunate to meet him before he sadly passed in MS, i went to the gigs in London back in 2003 when they did the fund raising gig for Clive and also meet him and got some rare maiden stuff signed.
    i also saw them in Camden Philly in 2005 when i went to holiday in the USA, is that close to your place Larry, alot of people told me it was a dangerus place. but the gig was great and i am still alive

it was Ozzfest in camden Philadelphia.

i just finnished my 12th Trooper beer so i got the rigtht to brag this is one cool peice from my maiden collection its from the almighty Derek riggs, Eddies father! i was lucky to meet a lady who lived neigbour to Derek in San Diego and she send this painting many years ago

Iron Maiden! Eddie in uniform!

Getting a little nostalgic when thinking about partying and listening to Iron Maiden when I was around 14 -17 year old. The records got pretty scratched due to headbanging (when I had hair). Thank you for taking me down the memory lane!!
    Stig

?

I'm sorry, I missed that part about it being a Bday present.
    Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Yes Camden is eyeshot of the Ben Franklin bridge that goes into Philadelphia ..very close and driving would be a matter of 15 mins or less.
    Camden is dangerous at night outside the Entertainment center and also Rutgers University.

There have been many OzzFests in at the Ecenter ....and I never really liked the seating or the idea of it. Those great outdoor concert days were in South Philly when played at the JFK Horseshoe shaped stadium .....quite old and was built for football games..concerts were excellent including seating.

That stadium was torn down due to age and now resides the Lincoln Financial stadium where the Eagles football team plays.
    The JFK in Philly was the US host to the Live Aid Show....it was pretty Amazing to see Led Zeppelin that day.

All in all ..Great to see the original Iron Maiden line up again. I would like to see them if they came to Philly again.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Nice! My wife are going to their concert here in Göteborg next year

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2