Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Receiving packages during COVID19

Article about: Hello all, I would be interested to know how other forum members are getting on in regards to items they have ordered or shipped. I’m currently waiting on a quite expensive helmet which wa

Default Receiving packages during COVID19

Hello all, I would be interested to know how other forum members are getting on in regards to items they have ordered or shipped.

I’m currently waiting on a quite expensive helmet which was shipped from the US via USPS on 26 August. Since the 2nd September, the last status has been “Your item departed from an intermediate transfer airport in HONG KONG INT'L, HONG KONG on September 2, 2020 at 8:36 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination“.

I have not heard anything since. I have a second helmet which shipped from the US and has shown the same above status since 6th September. Coincidentally, I received an item from the UK in ten days.

Has anyone else had similar experiences and should I be worried?

Thanks,
    Andy

MAP
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Hello all, I would be interested to know how other forum members are getting on in regards to items they have ordered or shipped.

I’m currently waiting on a quite expensive helmet which was shipped from the US via USPS on 26 August. Since the 2nd September, the last status has been “Your item departed from an intermediate transfer airport in HONG KONG INT'L, HONG KONG on September 2, 2020 at 8:36 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination“.

I have not heard anything since. I have a second helmet which shipped from the US and has shown the same above status since 6th September. Coincidentally, I received an item from the UK in ten days.

Has anyone else had similar experiences and should I be worried?

Thanks,
    Andy
    I know your pain on this one Andy having watched from the sidelines.

My only guess is that it is sitting somewhere in Australia in a quarantined area of Customs. I find that when packages arrive from overseas they go "dark" for a week to two weeks. The whole time they are in customs. Only to re-appear on tracking a day or two before it is delivered to my front door.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Just remember there are limited flights into Aust and high demand, you'll be right just need patience. sometimes people use a cheap but effective type of shipping that gets dotted around the world and does take extra time as well. I forget what they call it?

Oh if it was Michael that sent you the package? then he probably used a ex fruit box - customs love those!!

?

Let's hope not a banana box given Australia's no import policy.
    Andy I have also experienced really wide variations in postal service.
    As you say UK is still arriving nicely for me,Eastern Europe is no slower than usual.
    Hongkong sent item from a reliable seller took enough time that I assumed shipping could be taken literally.Their fast pre-covid service was really affected.
    I wonder if the Hongkong routing is the problem at the moment?
    Worst experience I've had so far is some East German surplus,coming from Germany which me and the seller cancelled after a month because no reasonably priced options were available for posting at all.
    I know what a relief it will be when you receive your items.
    Looking forward to seeing them here.

MAP
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Oh if it was Michael that sent you the package? then he probably used a ex fruit box - customs love those!!
    Actually, I used an old grenade crate.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

See Andy,- incompetence!!! These people!! probably wrote on the customs form it's worth US50,000 bucks too!! so it gets treated nicely in the postal system!!

MAP
    ?

See Andy,- incompetence!!! These people!! probably wrote on the customs form it's worth US50,000 bucks too!! so it gets treated nicely in the postal system!!
    Yes, $50k AUD. Isn't that like $75.00 USD?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Yes, $50k AUD. Isn't that like $75.00 USD?
    okie I spilt my drink!!!!!!!!

MAP
    ?

okie I spilt my drink!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast