Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Receiving packages during COVID19

Article about: Hello all, I would be interested to know how other forum members are getting on in regards to items they have ordered or shipped. I’m currently waiting on a quite expensive helmet which wa

?

I sent a package to the Netherlands and to New Zealand in January, the Netherlands arrived in June, the New Zealand package made it there in August, I ordered a book from France a few weeks ago, had it in hand in 8 days, go figure.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

The only problem I have had was at the height of the outbreak was a small packet from the US that disappeared into a black hole at Chicago Airport for about eight weeks so it is not only you. Surprisingly I have had cheap ebay items from China in about two weeks!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

I've found that everything is sporadic, what I understand is that mail is sent on commercial airliners normally, these are no longer flying in the same volumes and there is fierce competition for hold space, some airlines tried converting passenger planes to cargo but generally failed.

What is happening is that once mail backs up they ship it by sea, that's when you lose your tracking for what seems like an eternity. I've had two packages from the UK ship roughly the same time, one took two weeks the other two months.

Eventually this will all lead to changes in service options and and the obvious cost increases.

?

I waited almost 2 months for items to arrive from Spain to the U.S. with a similar message. It's frustrating because you have no other recourse but to wait. I assume they just sit in the customs warehouse under quarantine for a fixed period.

Good luck

Thanks again all. Tinhat, what you’ve said dings true. I have a friend who is a pilot for Qatar Airways and he said their putting packages into the cargo hold just as you’ve said. He’s even flying freight planes as well as passenger at the moment.

Mark, yes, a veritable black hole. That’s the scary bit.

Thanks,
    Andy

I sent out a package to the UK today, and one inbound from UK yesterday, let's see what happens?

I sent some guitar parts to a guy in Michigan mid last month.
    Got to San Francisco in 3 days then sat "awaiting customs clearance" for 3 weeks before it finally arrived!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    I sent out a package to the UK today, and one inbound from UK yesterday, let's see what happens?
    8 - 10 weeks mate , they are sending via sea freight , whilst charging vomit inducing Air Mail Rates

Cheers RICK

Quote by Rick W View Post
    8 - 10 weeks mate , they are sending via sea freight , whilst charging vomit inducing Air Mail Rates

Cheers RICK
    Bob and I figured that hey! but it's all good he's getting my wet dirty laundry (which will ferment nicely) and he's sending house bricks in the wrong colour!!

?

Personaly ,
    Ive completely stopped buying from and or sending anything overseas.
    Too long , too hard , too expensive & too slow , tracking of no use if sent via Sea Mail.
    Cheers Rick

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast