Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remembering 9/11/2001 in the US

Article about: We shall not forget the First Responders, men, women and children who all lost their lives on that day. May my brother rest in peace. 343 Firefighters & Paramedics who died 125 People wh

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    ALWAYS REMEMBER ,NEVER FORGET!
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    As Phil said "ALWAYS REMEMBER, NEVER FORGET" and God bless all of
    those who Run in while we are running out.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I am a licenced radio amateur, and on the morning of the attack I was in conversation with a fellow amateur in New York. I clearly remember how he suddenly shouted to me: 'Oh my god.. we are under attack, Steve... go and put your news on quick, someone has just flown a plane into one of the towers.' I didn't have a clue what he was on about at first. They were truly terrible scenes, and people are still dying as a direct result of the collapse of the Twin Towers.

Cheers,
    Steve

My father worked for the Transit Authority at the time. He was "stationed" in the 38th Street yard in Brooklyn. They stood on the roof of a building and watched in horror and disbelief, all the while in a surreal way, papers and airborne debris descended down around them as they were under the smoke plumes. That night, he spent all night working amidst the rubble as rescue crews did their best to save anyone who might have survived. His job was to keep the little portable light units running. The experience definitely changed him, as it did all of us to varying degrees.

I went twice to NY with my sister ( ) and tried both times to see the Twin Towers".

Both times there was a conference on.

The next time I went, they were no longer there.

Saw the memorial, with all the missing people adverts and so forth.

We went to the 9/11 Museum (?) and again saw the artifacts of what was left/remaining of the Towers.

I know we have a lot of Americans and other Nationals on this wonderful site, but, we died and we cried with you that day.

We will never forget.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2