Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Vera Lynn Passes Away Aged 103

Article about: Hello folks. Some terrible news this morning. The family of Dame Vera Lynn have confirmed that she passed away earlier this morning, aged 103. I'm sure I don't need to explain the importance

A truly wonderful women who really cared for the soldiers she entertained. Especially remembered by the Burma veterans for her concerts held not that far from the front line at Kohima, she eventually received her own Burma Star and war medal in 1985. She was absolutely adored by the troops, and a fantastic boost to their morale at a time when the Burma campaign was largely forgotten back home.

?

RIP Vera Lynn!
    Very sad, But she did make it past the Century mark.
    She had a good run of it!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    RIP Vera Lynn!
    Very sad, But she did make it past the Century mark.
    She had a good run of it!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    A good innings in the typically English cricket vernacular

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

A very nice lady. I met her 35 years ago. It was wonderful to hear her sing all the wartime songs.

RIP

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2