Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

What is Covid-19 like on the other side of the pond?

Article about: We are in full shut down mode as of today. Still going to work but not much else. We are just beginning to surge of cases and deaths. Italy and Spain are struggling. What is life like in the

....it's starting to look like it's a message to our Chinese friends...."DON'T F*CK WITH PANGOLINS"........'won't be long before the sharks start wanting their fins back I guess......

Same thing here in Belgium.
    Everyone is politely (not forced) asked to stay at home.
    But then again seeing that weekly public markets are abolished here, they still do go on in the next Dutch town, just 10 km from where we live.
    Last WE all Belgians (living near to the frontier) crossed the border to party in the Dutch pub's....
    I, myself, been sick for over a week now. According to the doc, (only spoke with him over the telephone) nothing to worry about...
    Only one supermarket is still offering all comfort, no looting, no queuing, called Sligro.
    Not the closest one, and only open to people holding a VAT- number.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hello friends.
    The bad news today from Spain are that the coronavirus is attacking without mercy in nursing homes. They are the most vulnerable and our History goes with them forever. Unfortunately the data for my country is even worse than for Italy. We will still lose many, but we will surely prevail. Take care of all yours.
    Santi.

?

Attachment 1391570

Its a worry though .
    Here is me ready for my weekly shopping trip to the supermarket

Attachment 1391571

that has crossed my mind ....but what gain is there to derail the world markets as what is not a hoax is seeing the falling numbers.
    If this is some kind of elaborate hoax that the US and China have cooked up to rebound the markets in the future...the losers right now are those who have been laid off from work.

2 questions : Why only 2 weeks ...does the market place into this scheme
    and
    Do any of us know personally anyone that we know or through a friend that someone they know have contracted the virus?
    So far between here on this and other forums and also here at home ...I do not know anyone personally who has the virus..only those I hear on the news.

Are we pawns in an elaborate game.?.
    Yet in any virus condition or flu ...people are going to die and has been that way for centuries.
    Medicine has advanced since the Black Plague.

Interesting article Rene`

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

the fact that this virus came from a animal. The First problem with that is that it mutated To do so. The 2nd problem is that it mutaded agian to be able to go from human to human. In a mater of days.
    So coming from a animal humans do not have any amuinity %0.
    The flu we have some and with the help of a vacation makes it stronger..

It might be mild at moment only more server in older and sick.
    This virus has the possibility to get stronger or create different strains. If a vacine is made. the time to do so might only fight the first strain.

Or this could run its course. I don't think there is a lot of answers at moment. But we know one thing this virus dose spread fast. This could be around for a while.

I think this is why our governments are doing all this. I'm just going to take it day at time wash my hands go out hunting. Try to find a job watch you tube and try not to get sick. Unfortunately for me this virus could knock me for 6 but worry about that if that time comes.

My post number 35 was short lived as I just learned of a friend whos father overseas just passed away from this virus.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The virus could also go the way of SARS, and mutate to become much less contagious.

From an evolutionary perspective, viruses almost always become weaker upon mutation, as for them to survive it is necessary for them not to be deadly to their hosts. That's why diseases like Ebola tend not to spread very far, as they tend to infect a small number of hosts and kill them off very quickly before they can spread the virus to others. If Coronavirus does mutate, it is far more likely to become less virulent than it is to become worse.

The initial concern was that it should be stopped before it becomes endemic, like the flu and other seasonal viruses, but it seems it's too late for that now. It's likely that this virus will now come back every year, around the flu season. That shouldn't be a problem in future, as we will most likely have developed an effective vaccine by then.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by Rick W View Post

Its a worry though .
    Here is me ready for my weekly shopping trip to the supermarket
    Frikken funny AS Rick Love it

Quote by Larry C View Post
    My post number 35 was short lived as I just learned of a friend whos father overseas just passed away from this virus.
    I'm not into conspiracy's really but I had to throw it out there! sorry!

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast