Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

What is Covid-19 like on the other side of the pond?

Article about: We are in full shut down mode as of today. Still going to work but not much else. We are just beginning to surge of cases and deaths. Italy and Spain are struggling. What is life like in the

Just finishing my last shift at the plant for a solid month at least. Not sure how I feel about all of this. Crime has begun creeping up, assaults and robbery. Our idiot governor is or wants to release prisoners from the prisons. That always ends just swell. People are acting like stupid damned lemmings. I thought people were idiots, and they are largely proving me right.
    I intend to stay close to home and keep my family safe. Hopefully people don't go "full retard", because that surely won't end well.
    I pray this is over sooner rather than later...
    Be safe, don't underestimate what people will do out of panic and stupidity. Be attentive to your surroundings and keep your loved ones safe.

?

Well I knew it would come and IT'S HERE!!!
    We just had our first confirmed case in our city and patient 0 is a Marine.
    My buddies wife in an ER nurse and they are not testing. Just sending home for self quarantine.
    SO it is most likely "ALL OVER THIS TOWN!" Notice the quote marks.

I was given the official info before the local news posted it and was at the store buying food and supplies.
    I had to go to several stores to get what was needed if they lock the city down. Items are being rationed and only limited purchases can be made. It's good that the hoarders are limited. Because they caused the lack of TP and paper towels and frustration for those that did not have supplies.

I have been informed that if we are put into a Shelter in Place, I am considered Mission Critical for my Guberment job and will be going to work when others are told to stay home. Times like these I would rather be hunkered down.

My house is now only Family allowed and that is if you are not sick. If sick, stay at your own house and I'll help with what I can.

Stay Safe my Friends! Its going to be a bumpy ride!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Just heard that California is on lock down and only essential business are allowed to be open.
    The Pot shops are consider essential!!LMAO!! Only in Cali
    I guess if your going to die, you might as well be High!!!
    Last edited by AZPhil; 03-21-2020 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Added Cali comment!!

Mate just grab one of these puppies and it's all good, we are mature enough to use these!

please close this thread as I come to this place to stay away from the news!! Funny stuff yes but.../

Here it's the usual lemming like panic buying and hoarding, the local supermarket has even sold out of ketchup and pickles for f*cks sake, Heinz tomato sauce is hardly a survival food!
    The supermarkets and food shops will remain open even if we go into "lock down", my daughter who works for Lidl has been classed as a "key worker" and has been told she is required to work unless she is ill, if key workers have children of school age the government is arranging child care so they can carry on working. Maybe if the comedy government we have announced stuff like this the public would be a little more relaxed.

Even if you are an "essential worker" do not forget your Blauschein when you live home...

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    please close this thread as I come to this place to stay away from the news!! Funny stuff yes but.../
    Rene, I started the thread to have a discussion to see how others are doing and coping with conditions. It was not ever intend to be political, news site or a gloom & doom thread. My apologies if it was taken that way. It could also be a positive thread of perseverance as we will all get through this situation regardless of what happens.
    John

..just done me a great trade....

What is Covid-19 like on the other side of the pond?What is Covid-19 like on the other side of the pond?

What do you think?

I foresee these coming back into fashion pretty soon...

B.B.

My place of work (Mail) has just sent home, any body with:

Diabetes, Asthma, MS and "other" ailments, for 3 months on full pay. Yes, 3 months.

On the orders of the UK Government.

As a "Key Worker" I have to attend a place that employs over 200 people (per shift).

We have casual staff in, British and foreign workers, from all over the world.

The foreign workers just turn up and are allowed in, no vetting, no health checks, nothing.

We have no: hand wipes, sanitisers, hand gell, nowt.

Can't get them we are told..

Does this sound strange to you?

Last night, a hell of a load of healthy FULL TIME staff went sick, for two weeks self isolation.

What is going on?

This is happening right now, and it's very strange indeed..

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast