Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

What is Covid-19 like on the other side of the pond?

Article about: We are in full shut down mode as of today. Still going to work but not much else. We are just beginning to surge of cases and deaths. Italy and Spain are struggling. What is life like in the

Reading you brings back memory's!
    And I am not speaking about the corona threat.
    I was to young to understand then, but I do now.
    Stay safe, in any way.

cheers
    Kris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

In the uk we're all housebound to "protect the NHS [health service]"....not protect them from the virus...but from overloading them with patients...the thought being that keeping it from spreading will eventually lighten the load. But over time capacity will become available....and they'll be able to fill that again...but in a controlled way....and all these idiots are asking is "when will we be allowed out?"...I'm assuming the official answer (which isn't being given) is "we need another batch to get infected before we go back to close down again..and then we'll do that again...and again...until Herd Immunity exists...filling up the NHS's free capacity each time"...only a small percentage of us have had it...they need a lot more...but not all at once..they need batches through the sheep dip at a time....but most of us are gonna have to catch it....this could take months and months......

Quote by Composite View Post
    In the uk we're all housebound to "protect the NHS [health service]"....not protect them from the virus...but from overloading them with patients...the thought being that keeping it from spreading will eventually lighten the load. But over time capacity will become available....and they'll be able to fill that again...but in a controlled way....and all these idiots are asking is "when will we be allowed out?"...I'm assuming the official answer (which isn't being given) is "we need another batch to get infected before we go back to close down again..and then we'll do that again...and again...until Herd Immunity exists...filling up the NHS's free capacity each time"...only a small percentage of us have had it...they need a lot more...but not all at once..they need batches through the sheep dip at a time....but most of us are gonna have to catch it....this could take months and months......
    Coronavirus: ‘Wicked’ decision Australia faces on how to end epidemic

All these countries are going to be faced with some tough answers. More people will inevitably die. The many anti-vaccine folks in this country will likely not take the vaccine even when it is available. This will keep the door open for larger scale of infections in the future.
    John

Quote by Composite View Post
    Ade has summed up the situation very well. The virus won't go away. If more people catch it then there will be a degree of herd immunity.
    Herd immunity and/or a vaccine will be the only way to keep it in check.
    The tragic thing is that as this happens lives will be lost, and of course the economy suffers. The govt. is trying to balance all of this.

The approach of Sweden and to a certain degree UK/USA - unfortunately some lives are lost, but on the flip side hopefully more immunity is built up.
    Difficult situation, and very scary for the vulnerable.

nick

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Aussies as a country always look ahead at Asia!

Coronavirus Australia: Diseases expert rejects use of second wave term
    The upside for me has been people I know unloading quality items at half the price they wanted a couple of months ago.
    Its a good time to buy , if you can afford to.

Quote by Rick W View Post
    The upside for me has been people I know unloading quality items at half the price they wanted a couple of months ago.
    Its a good time to buy , if you can afford to.
    Bugger I must not be seeing that my end!!!

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Bugger I must not be seeing that my end!!!
    Obviously everyone you know doesn't need quick cash money at the moment

Quote by Rick W View Post
    Obviously everyone you know doesn't need quick cash money at the moment
    or they are trying to milk me!!

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast