Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

What is Covid-19 like on the other side of the pond?

Article about: We are in full shut down mode as of today. Still going to work but not much else. We are just beginning to surge of cases and deaths. Italy and Spain are struggling. What is life like in the

Quote by Composite View Post
    Why blame the State Government?...they’re trying to SAVE you.....Id point your blame at the Bat eating Rhino horn-rubbing Pangolin chewing tiger ball swallowing birds nest drinking Sharks fin supping bear bile drinking rat cooking copyright infringing frog eaters who started it all......whoever they are.....
    had it mostly under control till the hotel quarantine debacle - cheap security guards!

Same thing here!
    Hard not to go into politics, religious and racial debats when talking about it.
    So I won't talk about it.
    ;-)
    Cheers
    Kris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Ahh now we Victorians are forced to wear masks!!!
    I must add a cheers to Steve (non member) from Prescott Aridzona for the mask/scarf. He sent it to me many years back as a gift.

?

Well Tuesday when I come into work, I'm told about one of my Runway centerline radar reflector was knocked down.
    So Me and three other tech's(1 Civ. 2 Marines) head out to see what we can do.
    So we bring it back to the shop to fix it and we are about to head back out when the Warrant officer comes back and asked to speak to me outside. This peaked my interest!!!
    He tells me that the Marine I have been working and driving around in a crew cab pick up for the last hour, just found out that he tested positive for Covid. He wasn't sick, he was about to have surgery and they test you now as a Preop thing.

SOOOOOOOO,
    I score a 100 on the test questions list of how long and proximity,contact . But I wear a mask. Anyway they send me home for 2 weeks....Until the 25th
    When I got home. I immediately quarantine myself in my collection room that just happens to have the 65" screen TV and the big sectional couch!!
    I call my Doc and tell him what happened and he said come by and get a test request form.

I make an appointment for the next morning and I get my test in a drive thru, But HOLY CRAP this was not a do it yourself test. OH NO, he stuck that LOOOONNNGGG Qtip so far up my nostril my leg started twitching . Then he double dips it and runs it up the other pipe!!! Man my eyes were watering. They told me I would get my results in 24 hours.
    Well got the results today and it was SAR's-COVID NOT detected!!! Negative!! But I still can't go back to work.

The other civilian that was with me that day already had the Rona and has been back for a week, Since he has the antibodies in his system , he can continue and stay at work.

Well I'm thankful I don't have it and That's what going on this side of the Pond!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Great news Phil now you can kick back and watch a back log of Ellen!

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Great news Phil now you can kick back and watch a back log of Ellen!
    Codes and Conspiracies

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Codes and Conspiracies

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Two weeks of TV ain't much fun after the first two days! My internet was out last week for 5 days due to the hurricane. TV got boring real quickly.

But good to hear your OK.
    Last edited by MAP; 08-15-2020 at 03:07 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

We thought you were a bit quiet Michael.... didnt hear about a hurricane on the Aussie news ( other than hurricane Donald )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    We thought you were a bit quiet Michael.... didnt hear about a hurricane on the Aussie news ( other than hurricane Donald )
    Hurricane Isaias. Very fast moving storm. Lasted just a few hours but had 80 - 100 mph wind gusts and apparently a few tornados.

I didn't lose power (everywhere around me did) or TV (satellite), but lost the internet. I'd take internet any day over TV.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

It really has become a complete shit fight in Australia.
    Once a free country has become closed borders and restrictions and now its like 5 little countries starting a civil war between themselves for political gain & power.
    And it all came about because Victoria didn't want to hurt peoples feelings , touchy feeling woke politics , overrides common sense .

Attachment 1436857

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast