Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

What is Covid-19 like on the other side of the pond?

Article about: We are in full shut down mode as of today. Still going to work but not much else. We are just beginning to surge of cases and deaths. Italy and Spain are struggling. What is life like in the

With the majority of the most vulnerable folks here vaccinated, another wave in the autumn shouldn't be anything to worry about. The big vax companies are also working on 'booster' vaccines to fight mutant strains, and those are apparently coming along nicely, due by the last quarter of the year. New waves are inevitable, really, if you consider that Covid spreads in much the same manner as the seasonal flu. Now it's endemic, we're going to be living with it for the rest of our lives.

We just have to hope the government sticks to its timetable, and doesn't decide to go full Pol Pot again when infections inevitably start to rise as things open up.

B.B.

?

Ok,
    I need to vent!!!
    We have been hearing about the Brazilian variant of COVID on the news, About how it is much worse and more contagious.
    I live in Yuma, AZ. It is 7 miles as the crow flies from the border. We are NOW a major crossing point for illegal immigrants.
    Now with the current political party in DC . Who basically opened the borders by telling Border Patrol to NO LONGER DETAIN!! They catch and release them into our local communities all along the border , From Here to Tucson. We are inundated with immigrants who have no support because all resources are at there MAX. They are only testing for COVID if the immigrants are sick or request to be tested. Other wise , It's a Caught Ya, Now go away type of scenario.
    The Town/City mayors are angry and complaining to DC deaf ears!!!

The Border Patrol is saying this new wave is from Brazil.
    The local news just reported that 3 Brazilian asylum seekers here in Yuma tested POSITIVE for the Brazilian variant. WTF!!

They are the one's who got tested! Not the rest who were just sent out on to our streets.
    I have complained to the city council, to my Governor and also the duchebags who represent us in DC.

NOT A SINGLE REPLY to my emails.

DC denies it a crisis!

Folks are getting vaccinated when they can, But the vaccines are not for the new variant.
    Talk about my Blood pressure going up!! I can hear my heart pounding in my ears

I just told my Mother Not to come out here for my kids graduation this May. 1 High school,1 College.
    She wanted to, But I will not risk my Mother's life!

That is what COVID is like here!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

I can understand your frustrations Phil. I does appear that the vaccine is pretty good protection against serious illness or hospitalizations with all of the variants thus far. There has not been any hospitalizations or deaths from any of the variants in the US after two weeks from the 2nd dose.
    I think we just need to manage the risk reward benefit for whatever we do but I am over being locked down. I am even setting up at a gun show the next two weekends.
    John

vac programme very slow, I'm in the last category, probably at the end of the year?

Hey Rick I'm with Ya! but Wifey loves it, she's on the road all day and loves the low road traffic!

We got a soldier on the lose, heavily armed who planned to kill a left winged scientific who is in charge (among others....) of lockdown advices.
    The guy was brought to a "safe house" ....and "locked down"...
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Was going to chuck this up in the Funny Stuff, more worth while here! BB got Rick's post?

Melbourne has had a rough time.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Melbourne has had a rough time.
    Still are!! 4th LD!!

Sydneys turn now!!
    City areas are locked down for a week to stop a super spreader of the new variant.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast