Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

155/38 Assmann SS cap eagle

Article about: Hey all, Need a confirmation on this rare aluminum eagle I'm looking at. There's only a couple here on the forum history, can't make a confirmation. Everyone's opinion appreciated, particula

?

Default 155/38 Assmann SS cap eagle

Hey all,
    Need a confirmation on this rare aluminum eagle I'm looking at. There's only a couple here on the forum history, can't make a confirmation. Everyone's opinion appreciated, particularly Sid's. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 155/38 Assmann SS cap eagle
    P
    Many

?

Can you get a close up of the RZM markings?

?

Yes, here:

?

Still a bit blurry. I checked some reference material. I believe it is a good one. If you want Sid's confirmation, you should PM him I suppose. The man seems to be online less frequent.

?

His PM box is full. The problem I have with this eagle is the breast feathers. They seem more mangled than others I've seen on a 155/38. The feathers resemble 155/36 types I've seen.
    Here is a confirmed type 155/38, notice the feathers are more orderly, also the head looks better. I don't know perhaps I'm looking too much into the details.

I'm not a expert,IMO,has all the characteristics of an original,so I believe it is.
    Regards, Jannis.
    155/38 Assmann SS cap eagle 155/38 Assmann SS cap eagle
    Photos credits: originalgermanmilitaria.com

Quote by Ingwe View Post
    His PM box is full. The problem I have with this eagle is the breast feathers. They seem more mangled than others I've seen on a 155/38. The feathers resemble 155/36 types I've seen.
    Here is a confirmed type 155/38, notice the feathers are more orderly, also the head looks better. I don't know perhaps I'm looking too much into the details.
    yes , you are looking too much into the wrong details.

Is good to be distrustful in this hobby but you have to know how to differentiate between red flags and wear marks, scratches, the marks of time on the piece, even the quality of the photograph can influence how it looks.
    The piece you presented has the material, the characteristics and everything you could ask for an original.
    Jedem das Seine

It is a very rare bird indeed.