Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

2 More fakes to toy with.

Article about: I was offered these the other day and I have been taking all your advice and studying them carefully. Looking at the genuine photos of skulls from this forum and from the books I have. I, as

2 More fakes to toy with.2 More fakes to toy with.2 More fakes to toy with.since the sight of fakes so repulses me, here are more real badges in situ.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 More fakes to toy with.
    P
    Many

Thanks, FB. I think we all feel much better now!

2 More fakes to toy with.2 More fakes to toy with.2 More fakes to toy with.2 More fakes to toy with.2 More fakes to toy with.2 More fakes to toy with.2 More fakes to toy with.2 More fakes to toy with.2 More fakes to toy with. Here are but nine of some more, with the badges in situ.

I do not collect badges in some other modus.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-20-2015 at 03:19 AM.

For those who have only seen pictures of these skulls, it is rather surprising to see how tiny they are in person. They seem much larger in photographs, and it's easier to see the minute differences this way, in my opinion. When you actually hold one in the palm of your hand, it's rather amazing to see the fine detail that went into an authentic piece. These are impressive little badges!

2 More fakes to toy with.The SS cap badge is based on the prototype badge of the old armies ( Prussian Leibhusaren Regiment) and its undress cap. The latter, in turn, on the badge on the Pelzmuetze. Picture Mr. Stonemint of the Vorhnholz cavalry shrine.

Our Andreas of HPL2008 can best describe the Uniformkunde here.

The real size of the cap badge in the universe derives from the outsize balderdash these little piece of metal engender, and how the digital pictures of same are akin to some kind
    of totalitarian cat nip.

What is tiny is the amount of primary source material to help us understand these badges.

That is, documents of the epoch about them, of them, to them and for them....2 More fakes to toy with.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-20-2015 at 03:17 AM.

I cannot but admire the bold trickery encompassed with the packeted Scull. "Here is an original Scull, you can't open the packet to look, but it is certainly real and rare so trust me...and give me alot of money".

It's shameless... I find it sad that people are tampering with the preservation of history just to make some fast cash, but I can't say that I'm surprised. The world can be a pretty dishonest place. If they had used a Germanic font and a fake with prongs attached, they'd have probably sold these things like hotcakes!

I see a lot of nice early RZM 52 skulls on those fine caps...just as this one here..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 More fakes to toy with.  

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    I see a lot of nice early RZM 52 skulls on those fine caps...just as this one here..
    Thanks, I posted these for your reference and that of others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2