Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dangerous fake or original.

Article about: Hello. Yesterday, this skull was sold on Germany Ebay,this seller from Dortmund,with the many usernames and mostly sells fakes. I don't know, every time,if I see the skull say is good one. T

That is correct, this "black background" seller has mostly a mix of original and fake things I guess one must sort out what is authentic.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dangerous fake or original.
    P
    Many

Quote by Dos View Post
    Well.. One thing is for sure, We need to be extra careful with these unmarked skull insignia. A die struck piece will always be the same from one stamp. The only factors that affect the outcome of the insignia that was struck is the material used and the wear that progresses on the die stamp. With a good eye these points of interest can be traced back. In the past most reproductions / fakes were made by casting. Taking the time to make a new die stamp and getting this one as close as possible to the real deal asks for a lot of knowledge and expertise in tool making.
    -Dos
    (Well ... One thing's for sure, we must be very careful with these unmarked skull badges.)
    We also have to be careful with the marked ones, I totally agree with (A stamped piece will always be the same as a stamp), that's why the phrase has to be applied, in the details is the devil.
    Those small details that only the authentic ones have, also cannot imitate the material of that time and there are ways to differentiate it, but it is better not to give data so that they do not approach them in their copies.
    (In the past, most of the reproductions / fakes were made by casting. Taking the time to make a new die stamp and get it as close to real business as possible requires a lot of knowledge and experience in tool making.)
    Here are examples from the 60-70s and another more recent 90-00s die stamps not casting made of those years , when the counterfeiters did not have the information that is now on the internet or the technology of today and the authentic pieces only cost in those days little money giving little benefit to the investment of tool making.

Dangerous fake or original.Dangerous fake or original.

Dangerous fake or original.Dangerous fake or original.

Imagine what can be done today by getting an original as a model for an imitation die stamp tool and with the prices at which they are sold now.
    some may defend these but not for me, the hooks, the thickness of the edges, the material, left and right , original in middle.

I hope this helps.
    Jedem das Seine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2