Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Danziger Totenkopf: real or fake?

Article about: Hi, I was wondering if someone can tell me if this unmarked Danziger cap skull is real or fake? Thanks very much in advance!

Default Danziger Totenkopf: real or fake?

Hi, I was wondering if someone can tell me if this unmarked Danziger cap skull is real or fake? Thanks very much in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Danziger Totenkopf: real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

That is fake and artificially aged

you want something like these but there are many other variants as well

Regards, Al

Thank you, I thought it might be fake. I saw you had posted some known fakes in the past that looked similar to it. One of the giveaways to me is the lower right area under the jaw, there is a small flat area that protrudes like a flange. And yeah, the aging looks very artificial. Thank you for confirming that this is a fake. Much appreciated.

?

Quote by rolando View Post
    Thank you, I thought it might be fake. I saw you had posted some known fakes in the past that looked similar to it. One of the giveaways to me is the lower right area under the jaw, there is a small flat area that protrudes like a flange. And yeah, the aging looks very artificial. Thank you for confirming that this is a fake. Much appreciated.
    Correct, that extra area under the jaw is a giveaway. But also notice eye orbits and nasal cavity on the one you posted. You can see the outer rim then a separate inner rim that is caused by casting molds.

On an authentic piece created on a die, the holes are punched cleanly and you don't see an inner rim. look carefully at this example to see how clean the cutouts are

Regards, Al

Oh, yes, I can definitely see that now. I will look out for that in the future, thanks so much!