Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Deschler 52 RZM TK Fake

Article about: Recently a new fake has entered the realm of SS insignia. I don't post on the WAF Forum, but do read a lot there and found this post by a gentleman that was offered this skull. It is made by

Dos
    ?

Default Deschler 52 RZM TK Fake

Recently a new fake has entered the realm of SS insignia. I don't post on the WAF Forum, but do read a lot there and found this post by a gentleman that was offered this skull. It is made by a die stamp. There are some flaws on this skull that are noticeable if you collect these insignia. It has the looks off a cupal made piece.. The front material does not look like something you would find on a original, but when it accumulates some patina in the next few years it will be rather difficult to tell. The sutures on the dome part are also not the way they should be. If you look at the teeth, the fake one has straight edges compared to some rounder edges on the originals. There are some more differences, but these are the ones that stand out the most. For the untrained eye these "Deschler Fakes" are dangerous! I could be wrong, but in my opinion there are some noticeable diffrences compared to known originals.. The RZM and 52 markings also look off.. Any opinions here would be much appreciated. I would like to know the opinions of the members here that collect SS insignia.

FAKE

Deschler 52 RZM TK Fake
    Deschler 52 RZM TK Fake

I don't own any of these Deschler RZM 52 variants. Some photos of a real one below, all credits go to Aldo. I don't think you would mind if i share these for comparison below. Please pm me if you do! I hope that this post helps. I thought i should share it here since it is one of the better ones made post war that i have seen so far. Please share it with us here if you find another one!

-Dos

REAL

Deschler 52 RZM TK Fake
    Deschler 52 RZM TK Fake

Credits to Aldo.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deschler 52 RZM TK Fake
    P
    Many

Dos, I can see the differences you are pointing out but I am not smart enough to know the differences if I walked by an one of these at a local show. Thanks for sharing.
    John

Wow, thank you for sharing Marten.I honestly wouldnt have been able to tell the diffetence, thats a very convincing copy. I don't own this deschler varient yet, but here are a couple original examples from John T's site for comparison.
    Credit, John T
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deschler 52 RZM TK Fake   Deschler 52 RZM TK Fake  

Deschler 52 RZM TK Fake   Deschler 52 RZM TK Fake  

Deschler 52 RZM TK Fake  

Just to contribute, it is not an attack or negative criticism.
    Has started badly, compare pears with apples.
    there are many variations of brands in rzm52 and to make a correct comparison, you have to compare the same brand, such as this.

Deschler 52 RZM TK Fake

From here we can begin to draw conclusions with the little , bad and blured pictures we have of the owner of skull, opinion seeker.
    Jedem das Seine

Dos
    ?

I have read from multiple different sources that the front half of the die stamp that was used on these RZM 52 types was never changed. Only the back part of the die stamp was renewed / changed for different positions and or markings. I wonder if this is correct? In my opinion this was the case.

The pictures are indeed sadly not sharp enough to make good conclusion. I will try to keep this thread up to date if there are better pictures available and share the link to the WAF post here below:

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

CBH
    ?

The furrowed brow ridge on the front, and blob of a creek recess on the reverse seem like good tells. Scary fake, thanks for pointing it out.

Hello.
    IMO,the skull is a mixture of different Deschler types.
    The frond has teeth similar to an unmarked Deschler type, but one the line that
    is only present on the skulls with a maker mark.
    In the back, the maker mark is the type where der maker mark is smaller and the 2 has a corner at the end.
    With the fake the embossing of the make mark is much sharper than with the originals.
    I think if someone notices that, you can spot the fake.
    Deschler 52 RZM TK Fake
    Unmarked Deschler
    Deschler 52 RZM TK Fake
    Marked Deschler
    Deschler 52 RZM TK Fake
    Back.
    I add two my skulls ,the other credied by Aldo.
    Regards,Jannis.

?

For the moment I will have to agree with "another ant" based on the photo's provided I cannot say whether or not it's fake. I own 5 of the 52 marked Deschler's and yet I would be fooled by the skull in the OP. Perhaps I don't possess the analytical eye to discern these minute differences. I learned about these skulls by repetitively viewing hundreds of images on this forum then eventually holding and examining them in hand. I still struggle when I come across an anomaly that makes me doubt a piece. I'd like to hear some more opinions from members like Carlsson, Winkelman, Adrian, Arran, Chris K and others. Hopefully this thread will continue. If this turns out to be a fake then some of us are doomed to make costly mistakes

Deschler 52 RZM TK Fake

Deschler 52 RZM TK Fake

Dos
    ?

Quote by another ant View Post
    Just to contribute, it is not an attack or negative criticism.
    Has started badly, compare pears with apples.
    This is what forums are for, To discuss our interests and contribute to this forum for many others to come. No offense taken, but i don't really agree on the last part.

All of the Deschler RZM 52 types i have seen so far have the same front and therefore are comparable to the OP skull.

Thank you for sharing your 52 marked skulls Aldo. I hope we get some clarification some day!

?

I hope so too Marten because that skull makes me nervous about the possibilities of new generation fakes. I recall recently that this one below was debunked but the attachment points gave it away but it's realistic nonetheless.

Early Deschler & Sohne Totenkopf RZM 52

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast