Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Early SS skull

Article about: Hello all! SS skull is fake? Please opinions.

Jannis, you are welcome to give your opinion on Wehrmacht-Awards. The guys that were into early skulls quit giving theirs opinions over time. I think the people on the other forum woul welcome some diverse opinions on early skulls. If you guys chimed in once in a while with your opinions it would make a big difference. It doesn't have to turn into an argument a d there doesn't always have to be agreement. Vince

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS skull
    P
    Many

I hope those turn out to be good Al, that would be a heck of a bargain! Mine arrived a few days ago. Although it looks correct, I decided to weigh it. The weights were inconsistant. Assuming that they're made from the same material, could a couple dabbles of solder make that much of a weight difference? I am starting to question its authenticity.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SS skull  
    Last edited by Buster1; 10-03-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Heres a couple more pics, the original on the right
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SS skull   Early SS skull  

Early SS skull  

?

Dan, it's a valid point. I'll let you know when mine arrive. I have three original examples to compare it to. You can always return yours if in doubt, I however cannot as the auction states as is "unauthenticated" your investment is substantially more though.

Al.
    Regards, Al

1-With all due respect, I would like to make the point of not revealing the accuracy of those data you provide in public since the counterfeiters can only speculate with them, now they know them.

2-you have to check if the coating is pure silver this type of coating also gave some small errors that in some forum would be crossed out as cast marks , that would answer your question of weight difference , if is not silver coating = fake.

It was not very common practice only few pieces for some characters who thought himself special but hence the skulls of silver that were actually only the tombac skulls with outer coating made with pure silver, only front or both sides instead of neusilver or uncoated how in other badges.

Early SS skull

I hope this helps.
    Jedem das Seine

Quote by another ant View Post
    1-With all due respect, I would like to make the point of not revealing the accuracy of those data you provide in public since the counterfeiters can only speculate with them, now they know them.

2-you have to check if the coating is pure silver this type of coating also gave some small errors that in some forum would be crossed out as cast marks , that would answer your question of weight difference , if is not silver coating = fake.

It was not very common practice only few pieces for some characters who thought himself special but hence the skulls of silver that were actually only the tombac skulls with outer coating made with pure silver, only front or both sides instead of neusilver or uncoated how in other badges.

Early SS skull

I hope this helps.
    Thank you another ant. I edited and removed the weight data from my post, I hadn't even thought about that aspect. Thank you and Aldo for bringing that to my attention.

Quote by Buster1 View Post
    Thank you another ant. I edited and removed the weight data from my post, I hadn't even thought about that aspect. Thank you and Aldo for bringing that to my attention.
    Really? You don't think they can obtain an original to copy details, and weights from?
    Believe me, they are not creating the fakes from photos.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Really? You don't think they can obtain an original to copy details, and weights from?
    Ralph.
    Yes I suppose you are right. I'm still very new to this and I think to the point where I can spot an obvious fake a mile away. However with some of these sophisticated fakes, I have a very hard time distinguishing the subtle differences. Still much to learn on my end

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Ralph.
    Believe me , Serious counterfeiters prefer maximum perfection in the aspect that can be seen of the piece than in the that is not visible, to provide certain information is to force them to perfect that not visible and to make more already difficult task of discerning the false from the authentic.
    Jedem das Seine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2