Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Fake overhoff skull auction?

Article about: I saw this at an auction site and I am perplexed. On the one hand, from the photos provided the shape and maker mark of the skull seem to be consistent. On the other hand, the prongs are wro

Default Fake overhoff skull auction?

I saw this at an auction site and I am perplexed. On the one hand, from the photos provided the shape and maker mark of the skull seem to be consistent. On the other hand, the prongs are wrong for this model. The eagle also looks pretty detailed and is obviously stamped but again the prongs are incorrect.

The seller also has a lot of very blatant junk up for auction which does not encourage confidence. I am signed up for the auction but now I don't know if I should participate.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake overhoff skull auction?
    P
    Many

known fake set

?

what is wrong with the prongs on the ADLER & skull?

Maybe it is just my inexperience talking but the quality of this fake seems to be above others I have seen. The design and detail are all there. If not for the prongs I would not be able to tell it is not genuine. I got a few more photos from the seller.

If you search "overhoff" on this forum you can see how the prongs should look. Rather than being fused to the skull, the overhoff design's prongs are "clamped" with a bent plate.

On the ESPF eagle I believe there should be double prongs on both sides.

The level of detail still makes me wonder.. Could these be high quality vintage fakes? If that were the case I still want them if the price was right.

ugly copy

Fakes,as far as price goes,worthless,finding originals is what collecting these is all about.JMO

CBH
    ?

Fake is fake, ground dugs originals would be more collectable then the above.
    Why stop at fake insignia when you get a pink fake piped SS-Panzer cap, great for wear while playing Risk.

Quote by CBH View Post
    Fake is fake, ground dugs originals would be more collectable then the above.
    Why stop at fake insignia when you get a pink fake piped SS-Panzer cap, great for wear while playing Risk.
    You are absolutely right!