Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help identify a couple different patterns please

Article about: I stumbled onto a couple different skulls online. These I have not studied at all, the one I've never even seen before. Can anyone help shine some light as to what the gold one is? As always

Thank you Aldo. I had no idea the Russians used these on their caps as well. I thought the gold one might be some kind of Italian variation. Learned something new today!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help identify a couple different patterns please
    P
    Many

?

I guess it could be anything but it doesn't look like anything Italian I have encountered. I have a small similarly constructed skull that came with an Imperial lot that I never really identified other than being possibly a small cypher skull.

Help identify a couple different patterns pleaseHelp identify a couple different patterns please

I also had this one that I thought was Serbian Chetnik but turned out to be a fake like many from that area

Help identify a couple different patterns pleaseHelp identify a couple different patterns please

Wow that second one sure looks interesting. Too bad it turned out to be a fake, I would have never spotted that

I picked this one up a while back that kind of resembles the 1st gold colored one I posted. It was listed as a miniature planchet. Very tiny, not much bigger then a pea
    Attached Images Attached Images Help identify a couple different patterns please 

?

I've seen those tiny planchet skulls for sale on the Telesmanich site. I think that is more like a Brunswick type skull. I have a similar stickpin.

Yes, thats where I got it from

Dos
    ?

The first Braunschweiger TK is in my opinion fake. The material is to thick in some places to be a specimen that should be die stamped. On the obverse the details are very soft and that is one of the many red flags on this example. I think many of the skull colleagues here can and will confirm this.

The second example is not one i have seen before. This can be from the Russian Kornilov Army like Aldo mentions or perhaps from the Kuperjanov Infantry battalion from the Estonian land forces?

I don't think it is German and neither does it look very well made.. The back shows some crude work and the obverse has some problems to? I have highlighted one of those problems with a red circle here below:

Nice to see someone else that has interest in skull insignia! But please be aware that this is one of the biggest mine fields you can enter.. Goodluck,

-Dos

Thank you very much Dos. I really do appreciate your help and Aldos as well. I did end purchasing the little gold one, fingers crossed hoping its real but I really want to study it in my hands regardless. Was fairly inexpensive so wouldn't be the end of the world if its a cast. Yes I have been bitten by the little skull bug but a little late to the game I'm afraid. They seem to be harder to come by these days. I think Aldo snatched them all up lol!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2