Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M1/52 Deschler Skull - Original/Fake?

Article about: Hello my friends, please help me to identify. Thank you Annoyed from this ads?  

?

Hello Enrique, this is an english speaking forum so you must translate your questions. The answer is to study many photographs of original totenkopfs and become familiar with all the characteristics. Examining a real one in hand if possible is the best way to learn, otherwise begin to study pictures of which there are many on this forum. There is no easy way, it takes time and diligence. That being said, if you have one you are unsure of you should post the pictures on a new thread and the members here will be happy to assist you.

Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M1/52 Deschler Skull - Original/Fake?
    P
    Many

Thank you, where up pictures in the forum?

?

When you start a new thread there is a feature on the bottom for uploading photo's. This is a link on how to do it.

Visual Guide to Upload Photos

It’s always the upper teeth, lip, and nose that catch my eyes most on a fake. Most of the fakes are to rounded above the teeth, like the OP, and some have too much ridging above the teeth and resemble mules. Also, that skull crack in the middle needs to be going into the right eye socket, but here, it stops a little before the eye sicket. The back has extremely thick prongs as well.

M1/52 Deschler Skull - Original/Fake?thank you very much, is very dificult, see if fake to original ,

in what details you can see

Right eye socket does have the crack going into it. See how that crack line stops just above that right eye socket. Fake. The cracks themselves look too rivited in. Fake. Those lines above the teeth, and that nose. I don’t even think the silver wash is genuine and somebody dropped chemicals in strategic knooks and crannies to speed up an aging process. Move one.

Thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2