Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

My first metal totenkopf

Article about: Hi there, I thought I would show my first metal totenkopf which arrived the other day from Germany. This is a Latewar Assmann skull, three pronged version (but missing two prongs). It is wit

Default My first metal totenkopf

Hi there,

I thought I would show my first metal totenkopf which arrived the other day from Germany. This is a Latewar Assmann skull, three pronged version (but missing two prongs). It is without a doubt the most affordable totenkopf (besides the earliest versions) and appears in Andrew Reznik’s SS Metal Cap Insignia (1935-1945) reference book. These don’t come onto the market very often and I expect that they will not always be so affordable. However, a nice insignia to look out for if you are looking for an entry level article at a good price.

I am aware that the three prong TK has been discussed on this forum a number of times already, so if you are looking for further reading on this metal insignia I will attach various links. I must thank Aldo in advance, as his thread on this subject was very helpful with regards to my decision of purchasing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first metal totenkopf   My first metal totenkopf  

My first metal totenkopf  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first metal totenkopf
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

A nice original TK and you are correct, the prices for these late-war TK are climbing quite quickly.

?

A very nice score Scotty, it has a great worn finish revealing all the details. That is a superb example to start the feverish collecting of skulls. My first 2nd pattern skull was also one of these 3 prongers and I have not looked back since. Welcome to the TK fold.

Al

Here are mine

My first metal totenkopfMy first metal totenkopf

Thank-you for the kind replies CBH and Aldo. Looking good Al ! I find these three prongers to be rather charming. I’m not sure what will come my way next with regards to TK’s, i’ll try and let them fall into my lap. Hopefully the high from having one lasts longer than a week - or I could be in serious trouble. Nice to be part of the club in any-case.

?

Quote by scotland99 View Post
    Thank-you for the kind replies CBH and Aldo. Looking good Al ! I find these three prongers to be rather charming. I’m not sure what will come my way next with regards to TK’s, i’ll try and let them fall into my lap. Hopefully the high from having one lasts longer than a week - or I could be in serious trouble. Nice to be part of the club in any-case.
    It's a diminishing returns feeling like coffee or smokes, the more you have the less satisfying they are. My high usually lasts about an hour or two at this point , LOL. tha's why i photograph them so much to remind me how fantastic they are. Good luck, Al