Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My latest acquisition

Article about: Just recieved this latest addition a few days ago. Thanks Aldo for all your help with informative posts and steering me in the dirrection to find these. And thank you Sid for selling it to m

Thanks Al. John T had one these on his site before he got ill, had a chance to get it but procrastinated and lost out. Been searching ever since

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My latest acquisition
    P
    Many

?

Sorry, I probably got them all, LOL. I do remember there was one lingering on the site for sometime then got snapped up after a thread was posted about it. There was a time within the last two or three years that all manner of Danzig skulls were available on John T.'s site and elsewhere. I seemed to be the only one buying them up that's why I ended up with so many of these early pattern skulls in a span of three years. I couldn't get enough of them. I probably contributed greatly to the demand for them with all my posts and photo's creating my own competition. I actually prefer like minded collectors sharing images, finds, and ideas like there is now with you, Marten, Jannis and few other skull collectors.
    Keep em coming!

Regards, Al

My latest acquisition

Thank you Al, your collection has inspired me and I'm sure many others. When I go on the archived JT site and look at the sold ones I reckognize a few lol.. I wish I got into this sooner.

In the meantime, I'm working on taking better photos and hopefully contribute to this site if I can. Thank you Al, Sid and Marten and everyone else who's helped me along the way

This one that arrived today may just be my favorite yet. I believe its quite rare, and only seen another example in a couple pics from stonemints thread and a pic of it in in wear. Thank you Eric (Toecutter) for selling me this piece. I took a couple quick pics and they could be better, will try and get some better ones tomorrow.
    Last pic in wear - credit stonemint
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My latest acquisition   My latest acquisition  

My latest acquisition   My latest acquisition  

My latest acquisition  
    Attached Images Attached Images My latest acquisition 

I was fortunate enough to find anothet varient of this rare gem that I started this thread with. This example differs slightly, with the nasal cavity and having less teeth. It has one remaining prong and certainly shows its age, with just a slight trace of silver wash remaining on the back. I got a good deal on it and very happy to add it to my collection. These are the sellers pics, will add more when it arrives!
    Attached Images Attached Images My latest acquisition  My latest acquisition  My latest acquisition 

Dos
    ?

I talked about this skull with Aldo a few weeks back. A nice original skull in Relic / Ground dug condition. The reddish color probably comes from it being in a waterlogged environment. I have bought from this seller before, He is trustworthy and a member here on the forum I did not make the purchase because of the condition and price.

I will share the link of a similar condition skull that Aldo managed to search for me and responded to in the past:

Early SS skull

-Dos

Quote by Dos View Post
    I talked about this skull with Aldo a few weeks back. A nice original skull in Relic / Ground dug condition. The reddish color probably comes from it being in a waterlogged environment. I have bought from this seller before, He is trustworthy and a member here on the forum I did not make the purchase because of the condition and price.

I will share the link of a similar condition skull that Aldo managed to search for me and responded to in the past:

Early SS skull

-Dos
    Thanks for the link Marten. Thats interesting about the reddish color being attributed to a wet environment. I just assumed it was the base metal color with natural aging patina. Cant wait to get it in hand for a closer look. This one is on its way from Poland, and I assume a long wait. Ive got two others on their way from Poland and Estonia and a long wait its been. The other from Poland is going on 3 weeks now.. Ahh.. patience patience lol..

This one arrived yesterday and I had just enough light to get a couple pics this evening. It is a little beat up but retains both prongs and very happy to have found one of these.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My latest acquisition   My latest acquisition  

My latest acquisition   My latest acquisition  

My latest acquisition  

Dos
    ?

Wow very cool! A pattern that is not seen often and probably one of the older Danzigers skulls around. What a find and with both pins still remaining, Congrats Dan!

Thank you Marten!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast