Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

My new SS cap eagle next to genuine HJ leader eagle

Article about: I've just started buying a couple of third reich things at house clearances as I I have been put off by the fakes... This may be a fake as well (the SS Eagle) but do you know better? Next to

Dan
    ?

Default My new SS cap eagle next to genuine HJ leader eagle

I've just started buying a couple of third reich things at house clearances as I
    I have been put off by the fakes... This may be a fake as well (the SS Eagle) but do you know better?

SS badge is RZM and m1/34 stamped. Some sort of alloy or aluminium, coated in a flaking, dark varnish

Next to my genuine HJ leader cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new SS cap eagle next to genuine HJ leader eagle
    P
    Many

Dan
    ?

Reverse

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new SS cap eagle next to genuine HJ leader eagle   My new SS cap eagle next to genuine HJ leader eagle  

Dan
    ?

Cool

Fake or real? Couldn't get.a good shot of M1/34 marking.

Thanks all

Sorry,unfortunately is fake with fantasy maker mark.
    Karl Wurster (M1/34) has never made SS visor cap eagles.
    I'm adding an informative link about eagles and skulls from our forum.

SS cap eagles and skulls

Regards,Jannis.

Dan
    ?

Many thanks Jannis, I bought sight unseen and knew nothing of them other than my granddads HJ ones. Lesson learnt

Third Reich and especially SS collect is a minefield,you have to learn to distinguish between the good and the bad,
    until you are ready,before you buy,you can ask for help here in our forum, you will definitely get help.
    Regards, Jannis.

Dan
    ?

I will probably avoiding it in the near future. I do however have some nice field gear:

ORIGINAL German ZELTBAHN Tent Poncho Late War RB Numbered, From Normandy | eBay

Quote by Dan View Post
    I will probably avoiding it in the near future. I do however have some nice field gear:

ORIGINAL German ZELTBAHN Tent Poncho Late War RB Numbered, From Normandy | eBay
    ebay + third reich items = 90% of which are fake
    I suggest you start a thread with the detailed photos to see if you have an original or a copy, for me, it is not very pleasant, but it is not my field , for sure that there are members here who can give you a definitive answer.

My new SS cap eagle next to genuine HJ leader eagleMy new SS cap eagle next to genuine HJ leader eagleMy new SS cap eagle next to genuine HJ leader eagleMy new SS cap eagle next to genuine HJ leader eagleMy new SS cap eagle next to genuine HJ leader eagleMy new SS cap eagle next to genuine HJ leader eagleMy new SS cap eagle next to genuine HJ leader eagleMy new SS cap eagle next to genuine HJ leader eagle
    Jedem das Seine

Dan
    ?

It's really spoilt the collecting market really. Oh well