Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Overwhelmed newby with metal totenkopf and unusual adler, both have maker’s markings

Article about: Hi, everyone! My father, who was a Vietnam Marine Corps Vet with 2 purplehearts, spent so much of his life collecting things. Arrowheads, knives, first day postal covers, stamps, guns, coins

Default Overwhelmed newby with metal totenkopf and unusual adler, both have maker’s markings

Hi, everyone!
    My father, who was a Vietnam Marine Corps Vet with 2 purplehearts, spent so much of his life collecting things. Arrowheads, knives, first day postal covers, stamps, guns, coins, sharks teeth, Betty Boop memorabilia, and more. However, I think his German Nazi militaria and memorabilia collection, even though not as large as his other collections, was his favorite. Unfortunately, he passed away in 2011 (I was serving in the Marine Corps but on maternity leave) exactly one month after I gave birth to his only grandson. So I never got a chance to ask about and learn all the things I wanted to know.

I’ve sold some various things through the past few years, but only because I just really had to. However, I’ve never been willing or able to part with any of his German Nazi collection. Well, my mom brought me 3 fairly small boxes a few days ago that I don’t recall ever seeing. They contained part of his Nazi stuff, what I consider to be a very nice, somewhat small collection of a wide variety of beautiful Nazi pins, metal badges, miniature badge pins, awards, etc.

Mom asked if I’d be willing to sell any or all of his Nazi collection yet? I told her we would likely not get what the memorabilia is worth and get ripped off bc we have absolutely NO KNOWLEDGE AT ALL about any of it. I asked her to give me a little time to do some basic research, having NO CLUE what I was about to get into. “Basic research” has turned into a borderline obsessive and exciting investigation in just 3 days. I started with Wikipedia but quickly had to branch out down multiple informational trails, one of which fortunately led me here! I’ve been researching typically one item at a time and taking copious notes.

I have learned so much from this fantastic site and the wonderful people that contribute their wealth of knowledge and pictures. Thank y’all so much! Now…all that being said…I have a possible SS totenkopf (it seems to be missing 2 out of 3 prong clasps) and a seemingly unusual metal eagle that I believe is a cap pin or badge. Both have RZM and makers’ marks. However, I cannot find an eagle that looks like mine.

It has only a 5.5cm wing span, and even though the eagle’s head has been scuffed down somehow, it is looking left and not right like 97% of the eagles I have seen. The skull has RZM logo and M9/72, and the eagle has RZM and M1/17. I may be wrong, but isn’t M1/17 the Assmann & Söhne marking? Anyway, pics are below. ANY info will be SO GREATLY APPRECIATED!
    Thank you Adrian Stevenson for this site!

Overwhelmed newby with metal totenkopf and unusual adler, both have maker’s markingsOverwhelmed newby with metal totenkopf and unusual adler, both have maker’s markingsOverwhelmed newby with metal totenkopf and unusual adler, both have maker’s markingsOverwhelmed newby with metal totenkopf and unusual adler, both have maker’s markingsOverwhelmed newby with metal totenkopf and unusual adler, both have maker’s markingsOverwhelmed newby with metal totenkopf and unusual adler, both have maker’s markingsOverwhelmed newby with metal totenkopf and unusual adler, both have maker’s markingsOverwhelmed newby with metal totenkopf and unusual adler, both have maker’s markings
    Last edited by Larry C; 09-26-2022 at 02:06 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Overwhelmed newby with metal totenkopf and unusual adler, both have maker’s markings
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome

Our members who specialize in SS insignia should be around shortly and give you their feedback on the authenticity of these two items
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

a trio of strange skulls

Last skull is bad, as carlsson1982 put it ' metal insignia begins mostly with M1/...' Welcome to the forum !
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thank you! And I’m excited and appreciative to be a part of this fantastic online “community”. I never knew there was so much to learn and how enjoyable it would be.

The eagle is an original aluminum Assmann identified in its catalog number 24866, it also classifies for its intended use, just translate.

Overwhelmed newby with metal totenkopf and unusual adler, both have maker’s markings

here is one from another thread without the damage, to compare and see its original state.

The skull is a fairly old fake 60-70 s that also appeared in a catalogue , a fake stuff sales catalogue.

I hope this helps.

Hello Twiggy ..I spaced apart your massive block of words for easier reading comprehension

All your content is still there..please for any future postings if there is much text...to create paragraphs so that the other members here can follow your topic. Its all good

Enjoy your stay here

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Another ant, you are awesome! Thank you so very much!