Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

A Rare Early Danziger Skull

Article about: I've managed to find another one of these early Danziger style skulls not seen very often. The only photograph I've been able to find of it in use is one of a Freikorps member during the Wei

?

Default A Rare Early Danziger Skull

I've managed to find another one of these early Danziger style skulls not seen very often. The only photograph I've been able to find of it in use is one of a Freikorps member during the Weimar era. The extremely large eye orbits leave no doubt that it's the same skull as the photo.
    The other one I have in my collection is brass and devoid of finish but this latest one still has quite o bit of silver present.

A Rare Early Danziger SkullA Rare Early Danziger Skull

Here its with my other skull. They look slightly different because this latest one has been squashed down giving it a flatter broader look.

A Rare Early Danziger SkullA Rare Early Danziger Skull

Regards, Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Rare Early Danziger Skull
    P
    Many

Congrats Al! I've been looking for that one for years. They certainly dont surface very often

?

Thanks Dan. It's a tough one to hunt down. Aside from the two in my collection I have not seen an image of any other for sale or otherwise.
    Regards, Al

Same here. In fact your two I think are the only ones I've ever seen! I was also lucky enough to pick up a rare gem that I have yet to add to my collection, hopefully will be here this week!

?

I can't wait it to see it! Not much activity in the realm of skulls lately. All the competition has dried up
    Regards, Al

This is true sadly.. Not even much on the market either, at least anything of much interest.

the one in the image on the visor you posted Al is different.

the cross bones beneath the chin has sharp edges and are very pronounced and yours appears more subtle. also the bottom jaw looks not to be present.

not trying to downgrade your finds but there must of been earlier types produced.

?

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    the one in the image on the visor you posted Al is different.

the cross bones beneath the chin has sharp edges and are very pronounced and yours appears more subtle. also the bottom jaw looks not to be present.

not trying to downgrade your finds but there must of been earlier types produced.
    I don't think so. The angle of the photo of the skull is different than the actual skull. It's looking up at it from beneath the jaw line giving it a different perspective because the cap is cocked back at an angle, while the actual skull is taken straight on and flat. It's all about the shape and the size of the eyes. No other skull i own has the large round eyes. I'll try and take a different angle photo tomorrow to illustrate.
    Regards, Al