Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Rare Transitional Deschler TK

Article about: Here is a rare transitional Deschler Totenkopf in CupAl with the box attachments instead of the discs. These box shaped attachments are normally found on the later aluminum versions. This is

The skull is a obvious cupal by it's appareance and the typical "Cupal" patina. The so called "cast mess" a repair that has been done and Aldo was informed by that too.
    Telling this is a zink skull is out of the blue.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare Transitional Deschler TK
    P
    Many

?

Thank you Sid. I recall that when I first obtained the skull I thought it looked like zinc because of it's dull appearance and lack of experience on my part. Now that I have handled and closely examined many examples over the last few years, I have no doubt that it is cupal. The weight is consistent with all my other cupal Deschler skulls as well.
    Regards, Al

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    The skull is a obvious cupal by it's appareance and the typical "Cupal" patina. The so called "cast mess" a repair that has been done and Aldo was informed by that too.
    Telling this is a zink skull is out of the blue.
    1- to me it does not seem as obvious as you say.

and here a similar patina and even so the cupal is obvious at least in the back.

but from what Aldo indicates in the last post I suppose that in hand it is better appreciated that it is made of thick cupal.

2- and here you have the evidences that takes the nails out of the coffin and turns it into an authentic piece.

same manufacturing errors reproduced in

Aluminum Deschlers

m1/24 Cupal

I could find more but I think it's all said.
    I hope this helps.
    Jedem das Seine

?

very good conversation
    thank you guys

?

Quote by another ant View Post
    1- to me it does not seem as obvious as you say.

and here a similar patina and even so the cupal is obvious at least in the back.

but from what Aldo indicates in the last post I suppose that in hand it is better appreciated that it is made of thick cupal.

2- and here you have the evidences that takes the nails out of the coffin and turns it into an authentic piece.

same manufacturing errors reproduced in

Aluminum Deschlers

m1/24 Cupal

I could find more but I think it's all said.
    I hope this helps.
    Thank you for the thoughtful and precise analysis. The images you provided are extremely helpful. I would also like to thank all those that participated and helped resolve the issue.
    Regards, Al

This topic is still being discussed on the other forum. Towards the end of the thread someone posted some pics that I find quite interesting..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare Transitional Deschler TK   Rare Transitional Deschler TK  

Rare Transitional Deschler TK   Rare Transitional Deschler TK  

1- quite interesting is also this that they have contributed, similar manufacturing error in zinc Overhoff skull, I suppose that here the mold was already about to be changed by the one of the 2nd generation of zinc overhoff skulls, unacceptable quality.

2- This is another example of a mold for different materials this time from aluminum to zinc, I suppose that the wear on mold was so accelerated that there were not many copies and those that came out are full of failures.
    I would like to have found another less worn example of aluminum for comparison but it is what it is, if someone finds one with a more mint front to show it it would be a good help.

and some found on the ground for skeptics.

I hope this helps.
    Jedem das Seine

Thanks for the heads up on the stamping flaw with the overhoff another ant. I was recently discussing this skull with Aldo, it almost looked like it was scuffed up, wasnt sure what that was

yet another example of the same manufacturing error on an aluminum s.p.40.

Jedem das Seine

Aldo, another one of this type appeared in the circus waf forum for the peace of your conscience or put the final nail in the coffin.

Jedem das Seine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast