Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity Verification

Article about: What sayest ye? Authentic or fake?

Default RZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity Verification

What sayest ye? Authentic or fake?RZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity VerificationRZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity VerificationRZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity VerificationRZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity VerificationRZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity VerificationRZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity VerificationRZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity VerificationRZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity VerificationRZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity Verification

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity Verification
    P
    Many

?

Hello Neighbor, a nice authentic cupal version still retaining a nice amount of finish
    Regards, Al

?

Nice original congrats.

Tim

Thank you gentlemen! Opinions on this one anyone?

RZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity VerificationRZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity VerificationRZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity VerificationRZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity Verification

?

Original and a good price. That's mine on consignment. This is the earlier variant with the cone attachment, harder to find.
    Regards, Al

Oh wow - small world! Thanks Aldo -

?

Yes, these skulls and the infernal black caps travel in small circles.
    Regards, Al

?

Yes second one is beautiful early rare TK. Wonderful piece.

Tim

I've wanted an authentic SS cap skull for some time, so with the supporting comments I received, decided to purchase the one I inquired about initially.

Thanks again for the responses... I've added some photos.

Upon receipt, I noticed the prominently silver line around the edge that I didn't really notice initially. Do you think this is because when mounted on the cap - the bright silver edge was sunken into the fabric of the cap and so didn't wear like the rest? I know it's impossible to tell - but that's my best guess.

Any opinions? I found photos of another example with a similar line - so understand that this isn't the only one. The silver edge on this example is so prominent however, that if I didn't have you all to ask and found it for sale somewhere, I'd find it questionable and might have passed on the purchase... I've handled a lot of general collectibles over the years and don't generally like inconsistent/unusual wear patterns.

RZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity VerificationRZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity VerificationRZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity VerificationRZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity VerificationRZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity VerificationRZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity VerificationRZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity VerificationRZM 499/41 Fritz Zimmermann Totkenkopf/Cap Skull Authenticity Verification

?

Hello, it does look curious at first and it prompted me to look at mine for comparison. My skull has a similar band on the edge. This is the sheared edge of the badge that comes into less contact with hands and the elements thus preserving the silver finish almost intact. The finish on these skulls tend to wear off the most on the high spots like the dome, cheekbones and chin. Notice how much silver finish remains on the recesses of the lower jaw and teeth on yours. Your skull is 100 percent authentic and is nice enough to make it's way onto a cap.

Regards, Al

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast