Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

S.T.&L. Skull & Eagle

Article about: Hello Everyone, I found an early first pattern SS Danziger skull and eagle set marked S.T.&L. RZM (Steinhauer & Luck) for sale. I have studied the photos and can't find any red flags

Dos
    ?

Default S.T.&L. Skull & Eagle

Hello Everyone,

I found an early first pattern SS Danziger skull and eagle set marked S.T.&L. RZM (Steinhauer & Luck) for sale. I have studied the photos and can't find any red flags, but a few more eyes on this is appreciated to make sure this set is alright. Is it me or is the skull slightly squashed? I assume the blue rubber bands are there to lay focus more easily on the photographs. Unfortunately the prongs are missing, but the price seems reasonable. I hope that some of you that have handled these marked first pattern danziger skulls can help me with this! I don't know anything about eagles.. This is something i need to dive in more to get some more knowledge about. Any help and opinions are welcome! Thank you.

-Dos

S.T.&L. Skull & EagleS.T.&L. Skull & Eagle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S.T.&L. Skull & Eagle
    P
    Many

?

Dos, I see no issues with the Danziger. It compares favorably with my example on the reverse. It looks crisp and clears with no signs of casting.

S.T.&L. Skull & Eagle

?

Here is a fake one to compare top right and closeup of weak details and residue..........
    S.T.&L. Skull & Eagle
    S.T.&L. Skull & Eagle
    S.T.&L. Skull & Eagle

Dos
    ?

Hello Aldo,

Thank you for comparing it to your own example and posting these pictures here. The only thing that does seem to be the case is that the skull is slightly sqaushed if you compare it to the end line of the piece under the teeth. Your Danziger is straight and the one for sale has a curve on the bottom side. Also the prongs were attached on a crossbone lower then your example.

Do you have a ST&L Eagle that you can compare? Thanks friend, Much appreciated for your help.

Maybe Sid knows if this eagle is alright?

-Dos

?

Yes, I have skulls that are slightly squashed causing the jaw to buckle and take on a new shape. I don't own an ST. & L an eagle, I'm sure Sid or someone can post one for reference.

Dos
    ?

I assume these markings are caused by die stamp flaws? I have marked them with arrows pointing towards them. Your example seems to have it and a picture posted by Sid also shows these flaws.

S.T.&L. Skull & Eagle

?

Yes mine has the same mark on the bone

S.T.&L. Skull & Eagle

Dos, it looks as if you have a matching eagle first time I've seen this. Very nice set!

Dos
    ?

Quote by Vincent View Post
    Dos, it looks as if you have a matching eagle first time I've seen this. Very nice set!
    I have seen the ST.&L.L. eagle once before on the internet, but can't seem to find the images again. I usually save these images for future reference.

I have made the decision to buy this set. The seller does have a return policy and the communication is not bad. If the eagle turns out to be good thats a bonus

a authentic set

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast