Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

S.T.&L. Skull & Eagle

Article about: Hello Everyone, I found an early first pattern SS Danziger skull and eagle set marked S.T.&L. RZM (Steinhauer & Luck) for sale. I have studied the photos and can't find any red flags

Dos
    ?

Thank you for the quick answer Sid, appreciate it! I'm glad it's OK.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S.T.&L. Skull & Eagle
    P
    Many

Congrats on the set I really like them. Vince

beautiful set Marten, congrats!

Dos
    ?

Thank you Vincent and Dan, appreciate it. Hope the shipment and transfer to me goes well!

-Dos

Dos
    ?

I have received the early Steinhauer & Luck - Ludenscheid Skull & Eagle set. Even though the rear attachments are missing. The quality of this set seems from a higher standard than i'm used to seeing on these Danzigers. Very happy to have the eagle that goes with it! I could not help my self but to straighten the skull a tiny bit out.. It's still a bit curved, but good enough to display it properly now. Some people may disagree about doing this, but it was done very minimal and safely. I have made some new photos of the set for future reference if anyone needs them! You can click on them to enlarge, Enjoy.

-Dos

S.T.&L. Skull & Eagle

Nice score Dos thanks for sharing, Ive downloaded your eagle for reference, first one I've seen and a great example!

CBH
    ?

Nice set, the eagle marking is very interesting to see.

?

It looks great, congratulations. F-B always extolled the virtues of acquiring a Steinhauer & Luck Totenkopf. It's the only one of the early skulls specifically crafted for the TR. Of course a multitude of early unmarked skulls were used on SS caps but once separated from it's origin it's impossible to know when or where it came from.

Dos
    ?

Thank you gentlemen, appreciate the kind words.

Yes! Good that you mention this. Unless fixed to a cap we can’t know the origin of the unmarked examples. Glad to mark this one off the list. And maybe one day i can add a mint example to the group

-Dos

Hey Marten, I was fortunate enough to find one of these s.t.@ l. marked eagles on Johns site. I was going to start a thread on it, but remembered your thread so figured I'd post a couple pics here for comparison.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture S.T.&L. Skull & Eagle   S.T.&L. Skull & Eagle  

S.T.&L. Skull & Eagle   S.T.&L. Skull & Eagle  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast