Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Skull-brooch.

Article about: A skull-brooch, sold yesterday on Ebay. I think is an interesting-uncommon piece. The skull in self is a very rare variant that I only saw in Aldos collection. Is good, fake or fantasie? I w

Default Skull-brooch.

A skull-brooch, sold yesterday on Ebay.
    I think is an interesting-uncommon piece.
    The skull in self is a very rare variant that I only saw in Aldos collection.
    Is good, fake or fantasie?
    I would like to hear your opinion.
    Thanks.
    Regards, Jannis.
    Skull-brooch. Skull-brooch.
    Skull-brooch. Skull-brooch.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Skull-brooch.
    P
    Many

Dos
    ?

I'm still a bit on the edge about the skull itself, but it could be good. I am leaning more towards the last, as it compares favorably to the one looker piece from Aldo. The material and edges on the back raise some small doubts with me.

To understand or come to any judgment about this piece in total.. If it was made this way with the clasp and ribbon behind it. Then more detailed photos are needed in my opinion. The edge and weave of the fabric tells us a lot. The construction, material and design of the safety pin is also something to look at. Only a few patterns of these pins were used around the 1900's to 1920's.

Would also like to hear any other opinions from members that have more knowledge about the period before WWII and these commemorative or veteran pieces.

Did you buy this piece?

It could be possible that there are remnants of the normal prongs underneath the safety pin. Perhaps that the ribbon and safety pin were later added to this piece.

-Dos

CBH
    ?

Here is a similar commemorative badge from some years ago, not sure of the dealer who was selling this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Skull-brooch.  

?

Skull-brooch.
    Leib husaren commemorative ribbon
    Credit: Stonemint
    Regards, Al

Dos
    ?

I would have no problem with that piece, Chris. It looks great and as it should be in every way. Did you save any more photos at the time from this piece?

It reminded me of this piece, but of course completely different. It does come from the same period i think...

Skull-brooch.

Quote by Dos View Post
    I'm still a bit on the edge about the skull itself, but it could be good. I am leaning more towards the last, as it compares favorably to the one looker piece from Aldo. The material and edges on the back raise some small doubts with me.

To understand or come to any judgment about this piece in total.. If it was made this way with the clasp and ribbon behind it. Then more detailed photos are needed in my opinion. The edge and weave of the fabric tells us a lot. The construction, material and design of the safety pin is also something to look at. Only a few patterns of these pins were used around the 1900's to 1920's.

Would also like to hear any other opinions from members that have more knowledge about the period before WWII and these commemorative or veteran pieces.

Did you buy this piece?

It could be possible that there are remnants of the normal prongs underneath the safety pin. Perhaps that the ribbon and safety pin were later added to this piece.

-Dos
    No, I only discovered it shortly before the end of the auction,
    it was only shipped to the UK and could therefore not respond in time.
    I also have my doubts, I tend to believe negatively rather than positively.
    Compared to Aldo's skull, especially the difference in the strength of the
    material and the aging is similar like in the fakes.
    Regards,Jannis.

Thank all for the opinions.
    Regards,Jannis.

Dos
    ?

Indeed the looks of the material seem to be the same to some of the fakes out there. Although there were skulls made out of steel in this period. The ribbon looks rather fresh compared to the skull attached.

Here I leave another so that can go comparing.

Skull-brooch.

Skull-brooch.

I hope this helps.
    Jedem das Seine

?

Quote by another ant View Post
    Here I leave another so that can go comparing.

Skull-brooch.

Skull-brooch.

I hope this helps.
    That one is quite different. I have one in my collection

Skull-brooch.
    Skull-brooch.

Skull-brooch.

Skull-brooch.
    Regards, Al