Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

ss cap insignia?

Article about: hello this insignia was offered to me today as a ss cap insignia.in the case of every type of skull i must ask for help because it differs to any ss skull type that i know ,also its differen

Default ss cap insignia?

hello this insignia was offered to me today as a ss cap insignia.in the case of every type of skull i must ask for help because it differs to any ss skull type that i know ,also its different in comparision with the panzer skulls.can You hel me to determine what exactly it is?
    sorry if this is a wrong forum
    regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss cap insignia?   ss cap insignia?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss cap insignia?
    P
    Many

?

Hello, you can dispel the notion that this is exclusively an SS skull. It is one of the earlier types of so called "jawless" or "Danziger" skulls that saw use on many different caps spanning from Imperial era, Weimar era and through the Third Reich. These variants of skulls were used by many branches including paramilitary and veteran organizations. It may very well have been used on an SS Cap but that is a leap of faith. I can't seem to narrow down this exact variant but I'll post several similar types from my collection for comparison. Yours seems to resemble a Panzer Traditions variant. I think Dan aka "Buster" posted one like this. The one you posted is obviously in relic condition and has had holes drilled into it presumably to attach to a cap. I do like it but it should be priced accordingly for the condition and the dubious SS connection. You can also peruse my thread which contains hundreds of images of Danziger variants. I'll keep looking through my archives for a match. Can you provide the approximate dimensions?

Another Danziger Skull

ss cap insignia?
    ss cap insignia?
    ss cap insignia?
    Regards, Al

?

I'm pretty certain that based the length and shape of the crossbones and the low sloping cranium it is this variant I showed. Also the shape of the teeth and rear silhouette are spot on. Sometimes the angle of the photo distorts the dimensions. Also these relics skulls are often flattened giving them a different or wider appearance. In any case this is a very rare skull I have only seen once for sale on emedals and once after when I bought mine. However I have not been able to find a photograph of this variant in use to date

ss cap insignia?
    ss cap insignia?

ss cap insignia?
    ss cap insignia?

ss cap insignia?
    ss cap insignia?

ss cap insignia?
    ss cap insignia?

ss cap insignia?ss cap insignia?

ss cap insignia?
    Regards, Al

I believe Aldo is spot on with his assessment. I've been searching the ends of the earth for this varient.. op, if your not interested in this skull, I most certainly would love the opportunity to purchase it 🙂

hello Gents
    i'm really sorry for the late response i was on vaccation this time without internet and any web access.
    thank You for the aswers,i'm sorry because the seller was a fast one and sell the item before i have an option to Id it from what remember the skull was sold in the same day that i posted the topic soo too bad but i'm the guy that always want to ask about this type of items.
    thank You one more time for the exhausting anwers and for the offer
    regard

?

Yes, these specialty items sell very quickly. You almost don't have time to post them and vet them properly. Patience eventually pays off.

BTW I'm still looking for photographic evidence of this skull in use. please post one if you come across one.
    Regards, Al

The problem is that once it's posted, someone will do a Reverse Image Search and buy it while you're still on the forum discussing the piece...
    Just something to be aware of...

yes too bad maybe in future i will have the knowledge to make a confident purchase in quick time.that situations are really motivting.
    ok Aldo i will remember
    best best regards