Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

unmarked skull

Article about: Hello, I would like to have your opinion on this piece. It is not marked. thank you for your time and expertise. Cordially.

Quote by Dos View Post
    I don't know if i fully understand your question, but i will try to give you an answer.

The exact same RZM stamp is also seen on this place on the early D.&S.M. Skulls by Deschler & Sohn. The attachments are placed the same and have a similar shape to that on the early Deschler skulls. I believe that if you turn it around to the front, It will show it has a Deschler look.

This skull you post above can't be compared to the OP specimen.
    your answer is logical, it is coherent and it seems correct,
    but is it a solid proof ? no

Quote by Dos View Post
    I believe that if you turn it around to the front, It will show it has a Deschler look.
    assigning the unmarked skulls to Deschler seems logical, consistent, and seems correct,
    but is it a solid proof ? no

unmarked skull

I hope this helps.
    Jedem das Seine

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unmarked skull
    P
    Many

Dos
    ?

The one you asked me about was made from the same die stamp as a marked Deschler & Sohn since there are little to no differences between them besides the markings on the back.

The one shown in the OP does have a few differences compared to a Marked Deschler. This would indicate that it is made from a different die stamp. I have made a comparison between a regular M1/52 and the unmarked example from the first post: Highlighted in Red what is seen on Deschler's, From the D&SM to RZM 52 and lastly the M1/52. Highlighted in Blue on the OP example key specs that are missing and are different on this one. This can't be the same die stamp and to keep things correct.. without any marking can't be appointed to Deschler in my opinion.

-Dos

unmarked skull

Quote by another ant View Post
    a question for you
    as we can show a proof that this skull is Deschler manufactured and not skull by Assmann marked Ges Gesch ?

Attachment 1482205
    This thread is confusing me.. this skull pictured is a deschler?

Dos
    ?

Quote by Buster1 View Post
    This thread is confusing me.. this skull pictured is a deschler?
    Hello Dan,

Yes that is in my opinion correct. It shares the same key specs with a marked Deschler that was mentioned by me and compared above to the OP example. Therefore, it can't be compared to the one we are discussing here. There are many more differences, but i mentioned just a few that are easily spotted. Let me be so free to post the other side of that skull. Look very closely! Although its a worn example, you will see the similarities with a marked Deschler & Sohn example.

unmarked skull

Credits to John Telesmanich.

This thread that i will link below was made for a similar unmarked skull as shown in the OP. It is a good one to read and view. For instance look at post #10, Carlsson1982 shares a few unmarked examples in good quality photos. The unmarked skull was and still is listed by many dealers as a "Deschler" made one. This is purely done to sell the skull more quickly.

Unmarked SS skull: maker?

-Dos

Quote by Dos View Post
    Hello Dan,

Yes that is in my opinion correct. It shares the same key specs with a marked Deschler that was mentioned by me and compared above to the OP example. Therefore, it can't be compared to the one we are discussing here. There are many more differences, but i mentioned just a few that are easily spotted. Let me be so free to post the other side of that skull. Look very closely! Although its a worn example, you will see the similarities with a marked Deschler & Sohn example.

unmarked skull

This thread that i will link below was made for a similar unmarked skull as shown in the OP. It is a good one to read and view. For instance look at post #10, Carlsson1982 shares a few unmarked examples in good quality photos. The unmarked skull was and still is listed by many dealers as a "Deschler" made one. This is purely done to sell the skull more quickly.

-Dos
    Thanks for the clarification and the link Dos!

Quote by Dos View Post
    Hello Dan,

unmarked skull

-Dos
    John does take some excellent pictures. For a second there I thought the one you posted here was the one I bought from him, as is in my avatar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unmarked skull  

Quote by Dos View Post
    The one you asked me about was made from the same die stamp as a marked Deschler & Sohn since there are little to no differences between them besides the markings on the back.

The one shown in the OP does have a few differences compared to a Marked Deschler. This would indicate that it is made from a different die stamp. I have made a comparison between a regular M1/52 and the unmarked example from the first post: Highlighted in Red what is seen on Deschler's, From the D&SM to RZM 52 and lastly the M1/52. Highlighted in Blue on the OP example key specs that are missing and are different on this one. This can't be the same die stamp and to keep things correct.. without any marking can't be appointed to Deschler in my opinion.

-Dos

unmarked skull
    Evidently and obvious not made from the same die stamp , Deschler had many types of skulls and molds.
    the almost identical circumstance occurs with the Assmann skull ges gesch and the Assmann tres prongs skull, there is no solid proof that it was made by Assmann and there are also differences between them, but for me they will continue to be

Unmarked Deschler skull.
    unmarked skull

and

Assmann three prongs skull.
    unmarked skull
    Jedem das Seine

?

While Deschler skulls are most similar to the unmarked skulls in question, I'm not convinced they were made by Deschler. We may never know for sure who the actual manufacturer was. As an aside, the cap belonging to F-B in post 8 has a matching eagle, in that the area between the eagle's head and the wing shoulders is not stamped out but painted black like the eyes and nose of the skull...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2