Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked Totenkopf, unfortunately no pics yet !!

Article about: Hey everyone, unfortunately i have no pics of this item yet, my question is has there ever been any evidence found about some Totenkopfs for the peaked visor cap not having any maker mark at

?

Default Unmarked Totenkopf, unfortunately no pics yet !!

Hey everyone, unfortunately i have no pics of this item yet, my question is has there ever been any evidence found about some Totenkopfs for the peaked visor cap not having any maker mark at all? I have doing a lot of research on Totenkopfs and there a lot of fakes and repros that are painfully obvious. This one however is not, it looks good to me, the pins are broke off........ just no maker mark..... odd! I will try and get pics asap. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Totenkopf, unfortunately no pics yet !!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Unmarked Totenkopf, unfortunately no pics yet !!

So i got some pics ........... here they are. The construction looks a bit odd now.... starting to have my reservations, opinions?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked Totenkopf, unfortunately no pics yet !!   Unmarked Totenkopf, unfortunately no pics yet !!  

Unmarked Totenkopf, unfortunately no pics yet !!   Unmarked Totenkopf, unfortunately no pics yet !!  

Quote by Newbie View Post
    Hey everyone, unfortunately i have no pics of this item yet, my question is has there ever been any evidence found about some Totenkopfs for the peaked visor cap not having any maker mark at all? I have doing a lot of research on Totenkopfs and there a lot of fakes and repros that are painfully obvious. This one however is not, it looks good to me, the pins are broke off........ just no maker mark..... odd! I will try and get pics asap. Thanks!
    Yes, Assmann skulls are not always marked and the Deschler-like skull (as far as I know the maker is unknown) is unmarked. Also the Deschler - like "closed eyes" skull is unmarked. The Collector's Guild

Based on your photos I'd say that the skull in this thread is a cast fake.

Here's a photo of an old set of mine, unmarked Assmann skull.

Unmarked Totenkopf, unfortunately no pics yet !!(Picture by B.Hritz)
    Last edited by Anders S; 04-23-2011 at 07:15 PM.

You are welcome...

any front picture of the closed eyes skull?

Quote by Maestro View Post
    any front picture of the closed eyes skull?
    I agree I also would like to see Please!

Eric

Well , since I happen to have the obverse picture on file of that same skull ( owned by mr. Hritz ) ..

It is generally regarded as an early version by a yet unknown maker , and was also produced with the eyes & nose open .
    Most prominent features are the straight teeth & the heavy brow above the eyes .

They are of course completely different from the unmarked fake Deschler casting that started this thread ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked Totenkopf, unfortunately no pics yet !!  

very nice indeed. thank you for the post.

And here's the " open " version - since this thread is called " unmarked TK " , it's only fair to add some pics of originals .

BTW , I doubt if the Assmann shown by Anders is truely unmarked - in later versions the " ges.gesch. " can be quite vague . The only other unmarked German skull I could think of is the 3-pronged Assmann , but that's a different topic alltogether ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked Totenkopf, unfortunately no pics yet !!