Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unmarked Waffen SS skull - mint - Need a mint eagle to complete set

Article about: Hi all, I have this nice unmarked Waffen SS skull. Now looking for a nice mint eagle to join the skull! Thanks! Frederik

?

That's fine, so do I.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Waffen SS skull - mint - Need a mint eagle to complete set
    P
    Many

An interesting topic. I purchased one of these skulls a year or two ago, and paid a premium for it at the time. That being said, with all the controversy regarding the "unmarked deschler" does leave some doubt in my mind. Yes they do look similar to a deschler. I wish there was some sort of evidence to trace it back to original manufacturer

These skulls are authentic. There's controversy about a lot of things like the 3 pronged Assmann and hundreds of other collectables altough the're now "accepted" by some collectors who made these controversial.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked Waffen SS skull - mint - Need a mint eagle to complete set   Unmarked Waffen SS skull - mint - Need a mint eagle to complete set  

Unmarked Waffen SS skull - mint - Need a mint eagle to complete set   Unmarked Waffen SS skull - mint - Need a mint eagle to complete set  

Attached Images Attached Images Unmarked Waffen SS skull - mint - Need a mint eagle to complete set 

As a general comment, the appearance of a rare variants of any type of militaria can occur because someone is drip feeding the market. That doesn't necessarily mean they are fakes, they may have been in hiding for a long time. The variant must stand or fall on the scrutiny of the collecting community, not based when it first appeared.

?

#13 Carlsson

On the unmarked TK did you notice the lack of the nine o'clock skull fracture on the upper right side, the different angle of the lower teeth and lack of middle bent angle on the lower jar?

I appreciate some collectors like this unmarked TK, but not for my collection.
    Last edited by Putzi; 04-21-2023 at 04:17 PM.

The lack of little details like sutures is typical from different dies, the M1/52 alminium skulls also heave these variations.

?

#16 Carlsson

Please let's it take the other way around.

The obvious lack of "little details" may make a huge difference in confirming originality of the unmarked TK, so why do you disregard the differences I showed in post #15?

I don't know of Deschler M/52 aluminium skulls showing a lack of the nine o'clock skull fracture on the upper right side, the different angle of the lower teeth and lack of middle bent angle on the lower jar?, but since the unmarked TK is a completely different manufacture I don't understand why you compare such different TK?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked Waffen SS skull - mint - Need a mint eagle to complete set   Unmarked Waffen SS skull - mint - Need a mint eagle to complete set  

I don't know If you get It but "we" never said this was a definite Deschler. Why are you trying to compare It with a Deschler? The unmarked skull is different in design, of course the details are different. Also telling these skulls came around 2010 is a fairy tale on it's own. The black cap I posted above was from a former member here F-B and I think he had this since the 70's. You are just regurgitating what some other collectors are saying on the red forum without any valid argumentation. This type of skull are not that common than you think and some very well respected dealers have been selling these over decades. Now suddenly because a handful collectors on the other side (mostly 'recent' collectors): "don't like It" as they like so say, doesn't mean It's a fake. I suggest you to make your homework, since you're very recent here instead of just "copy pasting" what some other are telling beyound here. Despite this I wish you a happy collecting!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2