Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Zinc wagner 475/42

Article about: This eagle arrived yesterday, a nice zinc wagner retaining all its prongs and most of its silver finish. It came from a fairly popular european site, first time I ever purchased from them so

Default Zinc wagner 475/42

This eagle arrived yesterday, a nice zinc wagner retaining all its prongs and most of its silver finish. It came from a fairly popular european site, first time I ever purchased from them so no prior experience.

The problem is, it was advertised as aluminum. It is very heavy and looks and feels like zinc to me, it easily weighs more then double of a cupal wagner. I should have paid closer attention to the pics and posted it here first, rookie mistake..

I havent contacted the seller yet, as I hoped to get some input here first. I know I wouldnt have paid what I did for a zinc example. Not sure if I should send it back or not. Thanks for any comments.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zinc wagner 475/42   Zinc wagner 475/42  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zinc wagner 475/42
    P
    Many

a few points

1 - if this 475/42 eagle had really been made of aluminum, I would tell you to return it because it would be fake, only zinc 475/42.
    2 - I don't know what description the seller gave, but really the hooks are made of aluminum, maybe here is the confusion.
    3 - those hooks are fragile and it is difficult to find one of these with all three in perfect condition, besides it retains a lot of neusilber from the original finish and has all the details very marked, in short it is a great specimen.
    4 - He did not sell you a fake, it is an authentic one, here it has been more your fault than the seller's, but the final decision to return it or not is yours alone.

I hope this helps.
    Jedem das Seine

Once again, thank you another ant. Yes I should have done my homework on this, I havent put much time in researching eagles. It is a nice zinc example and I'll probably end up keeping it. The seller did specifically state that it was aluminum with no mention of the prongs, but with a little research I should have known that. Lesson learned and much appreciated good sir.

?

Dan, I agree that it is a nice specimen with all three prongs and most of it's finish. I think it's a keeper.
    Regards, Al