Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1938 order for SA-flags, unit-numbers, special devices, traditions-numbers and names

Article about: At WAF, a nice SA flag was shown with a unit-number and a series of traditions-numbers. To me it is obvious that only a few persons have a reasonable knowledge about the "how and what&q

As nobody apparently is able to assist with a patch from a horn (Signalhorn),
    I will come myself with it. Just the patch is shown, the flag itself was in the
    possession of my friend Ed Stadnicki (who passed away much too early!).
    It is not known who obtained the flag from Ed?

The flag did not have frings, the background for the horn is cornflower-blue.
    The horn itself is embroidered from very thin golden wire thread. The band
    at the horn with the tassel is red-brown.
    A patch as this was positioned on both sides.

1938 order for SA-flags, unit-numbers, special devices, traditions-numbers and names

Let this thread evolve friends and show us some nice rare patches and/or flags.
    Not so shy!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1938 order for SA-flags, unit-numbers, special devices, traditions-numbers and names
    P
    Many

Thanks for sharing very interesting material with us. It is a joy.

JMM
    ?

Excellent thread. Thank you

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Work in progress!
    Some photographs with eventually related information for the interest of the WRF-members:

Attachment 737682 Attachment 737683
    Flag with the honor name Wilhelm Hambückers in golden embroidery from Sturm 15 from Standarte 25, the SA-
    group of Niederrhein. The Sturm was located at Merkstein. Sturmführer Hambückers was killed by communists June
    20, 1932.
    (credit: Perry Floyd via OFW)
    Now offered for sale: BrentsAntiques.com Catalog

Quote by der-hase-fee View Post
    Now offered for sale: BrentsAntiques.com*Catalog

Its the one as from post 2. It goes from one to another collection.
    We will see it return within five years from now!

Default Standarte 1 "Hans E. Maikowski"

Sturmführer Maikowski died January 31, 1933 after he was shot by communists
    January 30th. When the name was granted to the 4th Sturm is not known. December 21, 1933 the "Deutschland erwache"
    -Standarte 1 from Berlin-Charlottenburg was granted this name and so its members were allowed to wear the special cuffband
    with honor-name. Upon the box for the De (Querbalken) the name was positioned.
    Dear Wilhelm Saris and all,

Please forgive me if this is not the right place for such a question :
    In Ulric of England’s book DEUTSCHLAND ERWACHE - The history and development of the nazi party and the « Germany awake » standards, it is said (p.254) that Standarte 1 was awarded the name « Hans E. Maikowski » at the 1934 party rally in Nuremberg. However it is an earlier date that is mentioned here (i.e. Dec. 21st 1933). I must say that I am a bit confused.
    Could you please confirm which date is correct ? Do you have any more details ?
    Actually I tend to believe that Standarte 1 was officially awarded the name « Hans E. Maikowski » on Dec. 21st 1933… and maybe its new standard was consecrated at the next party rally in 1934. Am I correct ?
    By the way, was it really a new standard (and in this case, what happened to the first « Berlin-Charlottenburg » standard ?) or was it still the same that had just the name on the box changed (and in this case, was it consecrated a second time) ?

Thank you in advance for your kind help
    Cheers
    Maiko

Its the one as from post 2. It goes from one to another collection.
    We will see it return within five years from now!
    Price is now reduced from 3750 to 2800 USD.

Hello Maiko, I'm afraid that Wilhelm Saris is no longer a member of this forum. Some of the most knowledgeable members who used to contribute so much invaluable information for the benefit of all of us are now either banned, or have left because of the actions of others. But if you wish to be put in touch with Wim, please send me a pm with your contact details.

Cheers,
    Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2