Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Anyone bought from serial faker on eBay, goes by flabbyroutwat

Article about: Hi, just wondering if anyone has bought a flag from an eBay seller in Ipswich, goes by a number of different usernames on eBay, he seems to have numerous accounts. Operates under flabbyroutw

TWS
    ?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Thanks for the pics and the heads up. The first user name does it for me really as a UK English speaker it says it all and puts me off immediately.

Mind you, I did once buy a spare alloy wheel for my car from someone calling himself "Bobbybumlove" (another name with connotations perhaps only noticed by UK English speakers)

Regards

Mark
    I caught the connotations. For a Yank, I'm pretty fluent in British slang having hung out most weekends with a group of Brits during one 13-month overseas assignment. You guys can really throw the "C-word" around in a way that would generate big trouble here. And I never got over how they would call a cookie a "biscuit". We used to say "Ah yes, the Americans and the Brits: two peoples divided by a common language".
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anyone bought from serial faker on eBay, goes by flabbyroutwat
    P
    Many

Quote by TWS View Post
    I caught the connotations. For a Yank, I'm pretty fluent in British slang having hung out most weekends with a group of Brits during one 13-month overseas assignment. You guys can really throw the "C-word" around in a way that would generate big trouble here. And I never got over how they would call a cookie a "biscuit". We used to say "Ah yes, the Americans and the Brits: two peoples divided by a common language".
    Well whether it was Oscar Wilde, George Bernard Shaw or Winston Churchill who coined the "two nations" phrase it is certainly true.

I have often worked along side US units and sometimes it is hilarious but other times it can be quite disconcerting

For instance it often causes alarm on the American side when a Brit says he "fancies a fag" (Cigarette) whilst a Brit will look with great interest when his US colleague mentions a "Fanny pack" (What, you get that in the rations??") but when someone speaks of "Biscuits and gravy" well, there is outrage at the thought of dipping the Rich Tea in meat juice!!! As long as we have a sense of humour and a dictionary, long may it continue

As for slang though, some of the most controversial words are actually real Old English words that have become regarded as vulgar due mostly to our prudish Victorian ancestors

One thing you can say about English in whichever version (UK/US/CAN/AUS/NZ/SA et al) it is spoken however, is that it is very very rich

Thanks for the aside

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

It always seems on Ebay, if a seller says something is a likely fake, there are people out there thinking it may be real, and they are getting one over on the seller. Try selling some authentic items on Ebay with a clear statement that they are authentic, crickets.

Quote by Chrish124 View Post
    It always seems on Ebay, if a seller says something is a likely fake, there are people out there thinking it may be real, and they are getting one over on the seller. Try selling some authentic items on Ebay with a clear statement that they are authentic, crickets.
    This is another scam perpetrated by dealers on ebay... 'I'm advertising this as a repro because I don't know much about this kind of thing'. There are obviously variations on this, and another popular one used is... 'I found these old helmets when clearing out my great grandfather's shed, but don't know what they are'. Using 'great grandfather' leads the gullible to think that the helmets are of considerable age, and possibly veteran bring-backs. There are all kinds of scams designed to make potential purchasers believe that the seller doesn't know what he's selling, but more often than not he does!

Ha! I remember one very prolific faker on eBay going under the username "grandad's loft," using the exact same tricks Harry the Mole mentioned, even down to the username! I see lots and lots of fake flags selling on eBay, many of which are so similar that I think they must be coming from the same manufacturer. Italian RSI flags, British RAF flags, Imperial German flags all stamped in near identical fashion. The "Wartime Year + City Name + Illegible Stamp" is the standard format.

Here's an RSI and an Imperial German flag up for sale right now. Incredibly, different countries decades apart use the same font and format for their stamps...

Anyone bought from serial faker on eBay, goes by flabbyroutwatAnyone bought from serial faker on eBay, goes by flabbyroutwatAnyone bought from serial faker on eBay, goes by flabbyroutwatAnyone bought from serial faker on eBay, goes by flabbyroutwatAnyone bought from serial faker on eBay, goes by flabbyroutwatAnyone bought from serial faker on eBay, goes by flabbyroutwat

Also goes under the name 6666destination, astonishing the amount of business this guy has done on eBay & frequently displays symbols that my ads would get pulled for almost immediately. He’s got a number of flags up again now.

WW2 GERMAN ORG TODT LARGE FIVE FEET FLAG | eBay

WW2 GERMAN STATE LARGE FIVE FEET FLAG HAS EAGLE IN CORNER | eBay

WW2 GERMAN STATE THREE FEET LONG FLAG HAS EAGLE IN CORNER | eBay

WW2 GERMAN IMPERIAL BATTLE FLAG FIVE FEET LONG BERLIN MARKED | eBay

What I find interesting is that he only has one negative feedback were someone figured out the item they purchased from him is a fake. Seems like the buyers who fall for this stuff do not even bother to check for the authenticity once the item is in hand. SMH.

Quote by Chrish124 View Post
    What I find interesting is that he only has one negative feedback were someone figured out the item they purchased from him is a fake. Seems like the buyers who fall for this stuff do not even bother to check for the authenticity once the item is in hand. SMH.
    True!! I think it's just a lot of novice buyers in the WW2 memorabilia space who don't know any better and trust in people too much, or perhaps they underestimate the fakery this market has. I've seen so many eBay sellers consistently sell fake stuff at 100% positive feedback and have always scratched by head.

3 of his bad Third Reich copies shown above just went for a combined total of £709 today on eBay UK. Not a bad days work.

For anyone who missed out on those, fortunately he’s got an incredibly rare original Land of The Rising Sun Japanese flag from WW2. Don’t miss out on this one.

WW2 JAP RISING SUN THREE FEET LONG BATTLE FLAG | eBay

Nice Afrika cuff title as well!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2