Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Early Youth Flag?

Article about: Long ago I read that the flag with the "3-arm Maltese cross" was an early German youth flag, but I can no longer find that information. Can anyone confirm that, and perhaps date th

Default Early Youth Flag?

Long ago I read that the flag with the "3-arm Maltese cross" was an early German youth flag, but I can no longer find that information. Can anyone confirm that, and perhaps date the photo?

--Kevin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Youth Flag?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Youth Flag?
    P
    Many

Kevin,

I just looked in one of my Hitler Youth References "The Hitler Youth" by David Littlejohn.

There is a symbol in there that is similar to the flag and from the information in the book it is identified as the Jungdeutscher Orden, one of the "German Right" Bundische Groups and this symbol was for the girls groups.

I have attached an image for you, as well as some text information in the last paragraph on page 9 about the Jungdeutscher Orden and their alignment with the HJ.

There is about 14 pages of text that discuss the early Right and Left Youth Organizations and the early development of these and their eventual immersion into the HJ.

If you can find a copy of Littlejohn's Book it is worthwhile picking it up..

I would guess that the photo pre-dates 1932

Hope this helps

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Youth Flag?   Early Youth Flag?  

Thanks Smitty! The Jundeutscher Orden rings a bell now.

--Kevin