Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Flag For Review

Article about: Hello Friends, I just received this flag today from a good friend. He does not know where he got it but since I collect he sent it to me. I do not have any flags so I do not know anything ab

Default Flag For Review

Hello Friends,

I just received this flag today from a good friend. He does not know where he got it but since I collect he sent it to me. I do not have any flags so I do not know anything about them. That is why I am so grateful for this forum because you are the experts and I love reading your evaluations and comments. This flag is one sided. The white circle is sown on but the Swastika is printed on the white clothe. The red fabric is very similar to the red material on NSDAP cotton armbands I have. Very fine cotton weave cloth. The stitching is very fine and even. The flag is about 22" X 29". The white circle is 13 1/4" in diameter. The black Swastika is 8 1/4 X 8 1/2 ". It is not exactly square. As you can see it has fringe down one edge and tie ribbons on the other end. I am sorry my camera is not very good for better close ups. It has the name "Richard Lundblad" written very lightly in cursive. It appears to be in pencil. Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

William

Flag For ReviewFlag For ReviewFlag For ReviewFlag For ReviewFlag For ReviewFlag For ReviewFlag For ReviewFlag For ReviewFlag For ReviewFlag For ReviewFlag For ReviewFlag For ReviewFlag For Review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flag For Review
    P
    Many

As it's one sided, it'll be a podium banner rather than a flag. It looks authentic to me. It's possible the name penciled on the white roundel is the name of the soldier who brought it home. It was common for G.I.'s to do that. More often you see them with multiple names, as a kind of 'group souvenir'.

B.B.

Thanks for your quick reply B.B.

One sided for podium makes perfect sense. You guys are great.

William