Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gauleitung Vehicle Pennant

Article about: Hi, Guys! Today I show you this very nice last pattern Gau Level Vehicle Pennant for a Leiter eines Hauptamtes in the Gauleitung. Its the very last pattern with the Antiqua Letters made of l

Default Gauleitung Vehicle Pennant

Hi, Guys!

Today I show you this very nice last pattern Gau Level Vehicle Pennant for a Leiter eines Hauptamtes in the Gauleitung. Its the very last pattern with the Antiqua Letters made of lacquered sheet iron. With the Pennant came the original Pocket made of stonegrey Linen fabric. Pennant is marked "RZM M3/61" (Max Knobloch) and the Pocket is stamped "RZM L4/653/41".

Any opinions and comments are welcome!

Regards

The Sammler
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gauleitung Vehicle Pennant   Gauleitung Vehicle Pennant  

Gauleitung Vehicle Pennant   Gauleitung Vehicle Pennant  

Gauleitung Vehicle Pennant   Gauleitung Vehicle Pennant  

Last edited by rbminis; 02-13-2023 at 07:05 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gauleitung Vehicle Pennant
    P
    Many

?

Every RL items are always very rare

Never seen such a protection cover before

?

..Oups sorry....

I've wanted to say :

Every GL item is rare too .....

?

I congratulate you on such finds. A very rare and valuable item. And with a pocket. Congratulations ! I like it very much)

Quote by ATHOR View Post
    Every RL items are always very rare

Never seen such a protection cover before
    That's right, these are really rare. The item has a little story too. It has been found in a barn nearby Strassburg. So it might have been belonged to the Gauleitung of 'Baden-Elsass'.

The Pocket isn't the usual protection cover, they were transparent and made of celluloid. It was used to cover the Pennant, when the car it has been attached to, wasn't in use for businnes trips or the PL it has belonged to did not sit in the car. So the Pennant could remain on it and didn't have to be constantly unscrewed and screwed back on.

Suber condition, it is pleasure to eye

This protection cover is neat, haven't seen anything like that before.
    -TJ-

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    Suber condition, it is pleasure to eye

This protection cover is neat, haven't seen anything like that before.
    Thank you TJ! Before I got that Pennant, I haven't seen that kind of Cover before too. The transparent celluloid protection covers are quite common. But as I wrote before, this one was used to cover the Pennant because the regulations said, that it isn't allowed to show it to the public, if the PL it belongs to is not in the car!

I especially like the glittering metallic look of the eagle and the letters (hope you can see it at the Photos). It's lovely!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gauleitung Vehicle Pennant   Gauleitung Vehicle Pennant  

Can see it well. I echo you, It's lovely.
    -TJ-

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    Can see it well. I echo you, It's lovely.
    And the Linen Cover made sure it's still in such great condition!

Quote by MigMig View Post
    I congratulate you on such finds. A very rare and valuable item. And with a pocket. Congratulations ! I like it very much)
    Thank you! I am also very glad about that find. Especially because it fits my Gau Level Hauptamtsleiter Tunic and there is this RZM stamped Linen cover coming with it. (Photo shows the pennant fitted over the Hauptamtsleiter Tunic)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gauleitung Vehicle Pennant